cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Input help ---- search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created one input field GL in a view View1. Now I created a node GL_ACCT and one attribute in that node SAKNR. This saknr is by default attached with searchhelp and I also want that.

Now i connected the "value" property of the element to SAKNR.

At this condition,no syntax error and getting activated. But when i run the application it shows the error like " context binding for property value of GL cannot be resolved: Node view1.GL_ACCT does not contain any elements".

can any one help in this.

Thanks

Pons

Edited by: Ponnuchamy on Feb 13, 2008 6:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomus,

thanks for your suggestion.

Belated thanks.

Regards,

Pons

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pons,

node GL_ACCT needs to have at least one element. This can be either achieved by setting the cardinality of the node to 1:1 or 1:N or by supplying the element by a supply function.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomus,

You are right.

I gave one supply function.

Inside of the supply function, I created one internal table and I just bind the table and now the error went out.

when I bind the table it contains no value but then only the error went .

But I could not understand why it behaves like that. what is logic behind that. I dont know why ?

did any one tried and got the same error ?

I set the cardinality of the node 0:n

Thanks

pons

Edited by: Ponnuchamy on Feb 14, 2008 6:05 PM

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pons,

the reason for the error is that if one specifies a supply function for node, the system

does not supply a default element. That means that supply function needs to take

care.

Example:

- Cardinality 1:1, no supply function => system adds a default element to the node

- Cardinality 1:1, supply function => system adds no default element to the node,

the supply function is expected to supply this element

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ponnuchamy........

try activating the whole application including the component controller. not only the views.

---regards,

alex b justin