cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do an initial replication from R/3 to SRM 6.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are working in a implementation of SRM with R/3. My question is about how I can replicate the existing information in R/3 (PR, PO, Invoices, etc) to SRM (as an initial replication). Especially, I wonder if the documents that are in process have to be finished in R/3 or they can be finished in SRM.

Thanks

Ivá

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iván,

I assume you want to migrate existing information into the new SRM environment (migration of document)? These documents are not replicated into SRM. You start the processing with new documents. For the implementation project plan the closing of open documents according to your process design and let the users switch the system with Go Live.

Information which is typically replicated are master data like, vendor records, commodity codes etc.

Cheers,

Claudia

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Masa, Claudia and Teja,

Yes, we are working in a extended scenario. So, I understand that the business documents in R/3 have to be finished in R/3 and we have to start with new process in SRM

Thanks for all,

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

In addition to what Masa and Claudia has informed,

mainly the Material Master, Vendor Master, Plants, Storage locations, UOM, Currencies will get transferred from R/3 to SRM irrespective of your implementation scenario (i.e Classic or Extended classic ).

In case you work on classic scenario, the main document (leading document) P.O will be in R/3.

In case of Extended classic scenario, the leading document P.O is in SRM and a copy will be created in R/3 but is not changeable in R/3.

You can have G.R (confirmation) and invoice in both the systems. In case you create in SRM a copy will be created in R/3. In case you create in R/3 the status gets updated in SRM.

Hope this makes you more clear.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your sytem landscape deploy mode ?

Classic - Master document, PR, PO are in ERP side

Standalone/Local - Master document, SC, PO are in SRM side

Extended Classic - Master document, SC, PO are in SRM side, Copy PO is in ERP side

Most of customer who use MM selects Classic mode and SRM is used for Shopping Cart, Central Sourcing, Central Contract Management.

Regards,

Masa