cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to delete a released transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I wander is it possible to delete a released transport request. Is it possible to delete a transport request with released only an task

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

Firstly, I totally agree with what Olivier already said about deleting the request.

Secondly, you might notice that at some point, when you have passed the 99999's task/request, the numbers will roll to the beginning, thus effectively erasing all records of the previous requests with those numbers.

Thirdly, if you'd explain your intent by deleting the request, perhaps we could advise you with a better solution.

Best regards,

Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olivier

I assigned you points. By the way how to delete a transport request in the transport tables.

Which are the transport tables?

How they are connected.

How would you perform deletion of a transport request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

You would need to use direct database access to delete a released transport request.

As I told you before, I would NOT do it as it is hasardous et may generate security audit problems.

You can also destroy your transport system.

Transport requests are stored in table E070.

We only modify the e070 table after system copy by database refresh to reset the next transport request number. It is done by inserting a line in the table. We never delete inside this table.

Use at your own risk !

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean ?

It is easilly possible to delete the cofile and the datafile of the released transport request but why would you need to do that ?

It is also possible to delete a transport request in the transport tables but it is a very bad idea and could even be seen as a temptative to hide a forbidden action in the system.

It will be seen by a security audit as this would create a hole in the request order numbering.

Regards,

Olivier