cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Memo Request already exists for item & 1 , & 2, etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD guru's,

I am trying to create a credit memo request in reference to my sales order invoice and i am getiing this warning message "Credit Memo Request already exists for item ".

How is this possible,when i am creating the credit memo request only for the 1st time. Message number displayed is V1498, can you please help me solve this issue.

Also when i manage to enter into the credit memo request document by pressing enter to all those warning's, i am asked to enter the target quantity. How do i handle this? since i have maintained order quantity in my sales order and my sales invoice.

Message number displayed is V1498, can you please help me solve this issue.

Waiting for your kind help.

Regards

Ravi.D.Mansharamani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

check the document flow for your order, and see if any credit request have been generated, if no forget it carry on it just might be an warning not an error, information knind a pop up. you can complete your process with bothering about that

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

how many items in your sales order?

goto your sales order (run VA03)

then check Document Flow (F5)

you will see existing Credit memo req (and item as well)

select this document and display it (F8)

if you goto header details you can see the field "Created by"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can control the quantity to be copied into Credit memo request through Copy Controls Quantity Update.

The the same quantity will be copied from the reference document into target document.

You are getting error as Credit Memo Request exists , because you have created the Credit Memo request for full Sales Order Qunatity.

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear KrishnaKumar,

Can you please eloborate more on the credit memo exists part?

I havent created any credit memo request. Cant see it in my document flow.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if there is any existing credit memo request for the Customer and Material combination.

System gives you warning , that such credit memo request exists , you can modify that and proceed with the Credit Memo.

reward if useful.

Regards

Krishnakumar