cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In correct Key figure values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In SNP planning book, I have 2 key figures. Order series key figure (Distribution receipts planned) and a time series key figure (Input Keyfigure).

Generally, we have a macro which copies values from Input key figure to Distribution receipts planned keyfigure. We don't have any problem as long as there are no values in Distribution receipts planned keyfigure prior to executing the macro. The values are copied as required.

But the problem arises, when we have some values in the Distribution receipts planned keyfigure prior to executing the macro. The scenario is like this:

Before executing the macro:

Distribution receipts planned keyfigure = 1000

Input Key figure = 2000

Expected result after executing the macro:

Distribution receipts planned keyfigure = 2000 (expectation is that the previous value in the Distribution receipts planned keyfigure is overwritten)

But the actual result after executing the macro is 3000 (means it is the adding the input keyfigure value to the Distribution receipts planned keyfigure)

Can someone please share your thoughts as why it is happening like this?

Thanks,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The macro needs to have the additional step of first zeroing out the Distr Receipts and then executing the copy. The macro is exactly behaving the same way as you would expect manually, which is write into the cell in delta add mode instead of complete update mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas. I guess I'll go with option of adding another step to zero out values.

Venkat

Answers (0)