cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

program id while creating a rfc destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We are integrating SAP R/3 & Tibco. I have created a rfc destination for Tibco. I have to mention the program id in the rfc detsination. As per my understanding , to have a communication between tibco & r/3 I need to register some program id for tibco on the sap server. I am not sure how to do that. Does anyone has any thoughts on the same ? Will appreciate if someone who has worked on tibco & r/3 integration can throw some light on this issue.

Regards

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go through it once, may be it can help you to know about program id.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regards,

Sarvesh

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ProgramID in SAP is like a plug-in. You create a destination in SM59 of Registered Server Program type. then you input the parameter ProgramID with the name that Tibco use. Whe you start Tibco server or other server that implements RFC connections it would connect to SAP automatically because the two parts have the same programid. In SMGW transaction you can see all persitents RFC connections .

I have used it with other server like a EntireX, ArchiveLink ..... and always is the same procedure.

Best regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will tibco or any other server give the program id ? Is there any space where I can find the program id ? Also what is the process of registering the program id on sap server. As mentioned by you when the other system is started it will automatically identify the program id.

Regards

yogesh

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

In general, all servers that implement RFC connections should be a config tool for this issue. In my experience all servers have some options where I can configure it. I don't know if Tibco have.

Best regards

Ivá