cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view Flex version of VC model in EP 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VisualComposer Experts!

When I deploy models in Visual Composer, as a result I get two versions of my model, the HTML version and the Flex version.

When testing them directly from VisualComposer both deployed version of a model are working but when I want to put the model to the portal, I seem to only be able to view the HTML version.

How do I get the Flex version to work in the portal?

Thanks for any suggestions

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ThatSAPGuy
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Alex-

First create a Page of type Web Dynpro for your VC application. Then change Web Dynpro Client property from AUTO (default) to FLEX. This way you can have have a page which shows the HTML and another which shows FLEX flavor of the same application.

Cheers-

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

After you deploy the application to the Portal, you can go to the PCD Inspector and look for the property

"ClientType". This property determines the runtime technology to be used when running the application (Flex/Html). Set the value of this property to "flex".

BUT: I tried using this property myself in SP3 and it didn't work. I talked to my colleagues and they are looking into it now. I will notify you when the problem is solved.

Still, I think you should give it a try and use the property, maybe on your version you won't encounter this error.

Also, if you want to run this application from some code, you can use the URL which you see in the VC preview. In other words, if you preview the Flex version in VC, you can copy the URL from the IE and use it in your code. That way, the application will run in flex.

Regards,

Talya