cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-Waitings entries in MEREP_MON using MAM 2.5 SP16 SR6

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to use MAM 2.5 SP16 SR6 running on a WAS 6.40 SP16 and we are facing to problem during syncronization from the mobile device.

When we run the synchronization, it ends well (green light) but all the SyncBOs in the MEREP_MON transaction remains in I-Waiting status: MAM25_001, MAM25_010, MAM25_016, MAM25_017, MAM25_030, MAM25_031, MAM25_041, MAM25_050, MAM25_070, MAM25_090, MAM25_095 and MIAUTH.

After several reseting of the mobile client and multiple synchronizations always the same behaviour.

Can somebody explain me what happens and can unlock me ?

Thank in advance,

Regards,

Eric.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Check if there was an I-Partial in the worklist monitor, if it exists then all the entries following this will I-waiting. If an I-Partial exists then change the status Ignore using the buttons on the application tool bar and click on trigger handler for te first I-waiting in the worklist monitor.

If the I-Partial does not exist in the list, then goto the first I-waiting and check the logs and post it here...

Sometime if the parameters are wrongly set in MEREP_PURGE then old I_partial would have been delete along with old processed entries.

You can also reinstall the application and see if the problem persists. But the you will have to paste the logs here if the problem still persists.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

no I-Partial entries in the worklist monitor.

So as you request here is the log of the first I-Waiting entry of my list: NO SyncBO ID ...

1 3 I 13.02.2008 11:08:13 MEREP_HANDLER has started for run number 0000002505 and runtime counter 3

2 3 D 13.02.2008 11:08:13 Return code 0 (HANDLER ENABLED)

hope this will be useful for you ... and so for me !

regards,

Eric.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

please check you default values on each and every syncBO. I had pretty much the same issue cause these where lost. Usually when you import the syncBO definition files they are set automatically - I have not found why but in my case these where lost. Please check in MEREP_SBUILDER -> SETTINGS -> Default values. Fill in the name of the specific BO first.

Anyway, if anything is in I-PArtial, you need to set the item to ignore as already mentioned prviously.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

first thank for your reply !

so indeed there is a SyncBO name MAM25_050 without any description whereas the other ones of the MAM application have a description.

So can you please precise me what i have to do with this SyncBO that means tell me exactly what i have to do because it's a standard SAP application with a standard SAP installation !

secondly you speak about I-Partial; is it for you the same as I-Waiting ?

Thank again,

Regards,

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem... I solve it because GETDETAILS was wrong...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

when you talk about GETDETAILS you speak about BAPI wrapper ?

if yes which one and on which SyncBO ?

Thank,

Regards,

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i refer GETDETAILS in BAPI wrapper, exactly in GETDETAILS from the Syncbo what is the first with transaction in state i-waiting.

Hope this help,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

the first SyncBO in my list in I-Waiting status is MAM25_001; when i test the BAPI wrapper GETLIST and GETDETAILS i find no error; the functions end well !

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

we have 3 columns starting with I-. The I-Waiting, I-Partial and I-Finished.

Increase the search to the last days and show more then the predefined 1000 items and check that the column I-Partial is empty. Usually you have an item in I-PARTIAL and it is in that state now for a few hours/days. This should never happen, but MAM has some BOs looking into the backend (MAM25_001 and MAM25_010) and these can run into timeout. Then the items stays in I_PARTIAL and nothing else will be processed, leaving all others in I-WAITING. This is a buck that can drive you cracy. If the system works fine you can see that the processing time of MAM25_001 and MAM25_010 takes a while and while it is processing you can see the 1 in column I-WAITING for that object. Other SyncBOs just run for a few seconds. Press the REFRES button in MEREP_MON while procesing the sync to monitor that - and as long as one item is in state I_PARTIAL noting else is processed from column I-WAITING to I_FINISHED.

Ok, if one item is in I-PARTIAL- select it and set its state to ignore. As I said: if a item is in I-PARTIAL, nothing else wil be processed -and the problem: you need to find that item. If you where running MEREP_PRGE it can be that this item is deleted but the flag is till set that one item is in process - that is one of the bad bugs in MI.

Coming back to the settings of default values. MAM25_050 has no default value in my case as well - so this is fine. With MAM30 it has the type of Replication, but in your case this value is not used I tink. so it is fine. I have a question to the others. While you see the default value for MM25_030 for example. Are all 3 columns filled or just column 1 and 3? It should be the following:

Value-ID: USER_ID

Value: ME-SYNC_USER

Description: User Name

If the value in the middle is missing, then you could run into a problem.

Do you have access to a Q system? Install the files there via MEREP_MIG and compare the settings.

Hope this helps to bring you a step further.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver thank for your quick answer,

i have done what you want with status of entries in MEREP_MON: no more entries in status I-Partial and all these ones have been changed to I-Ignore.

Then, do i try to run again a synchronization from my mobile device ?

About the MAM25_030 SyncBO the default values you mention are the same except for the description which is empty for me.

So ok ?

Eric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After all the I-partial entries have been ignored, then goto the First I-waiting and click the 'trigger handler' button in the applicatio tool bar. This should solve the problem.

If synchronise, there will more I-waiting since the old one have been stuck in the queue.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

descrition is ok if empty

Which of the items has been in I-Partial- need that to find out the root cause of that.

To start processing again, use Preethams post - his will get the stuff working again. DO not worrie if MAM001 or MAM010 will stay in I-Partial for a while - only if it stays there for more then 10min then investigate deeper. There are a few notes to increase the performance on MAM001 and MAM010 selections.

Hope this heps.

Regards,

Oliver