Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install certificare : recover "PRIVATE KEY"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi at all,

I try to install a SSL certificate for SAP J2EE engine 6.40 and I followed the blog /people/aniket.tare/blog/2005/03/22/ssl-certificate-installation-procedure-for-sap-j2ee-engine-630-150-steps-in-visual-administrator .

When I executed step number 10 of the blog above, I have placed the cursor on the private key pair e tried to load the signed certificate into the system.

The file I' ve loaded has the same name of private key, so I lost the private key .

When I executed the step number 17 I don't find any entry for SSL certificate.

What do you think about ?

Thanks,

Domenico.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, to me it looks that the instructions provided in /people/aniket.tare/blog/2005/03/22/ssl-certificate-installation-procedure-for-sap-j2ee-engine-630-150-steps-in-visual-administrator are not correct: in step 10 you should not overwrite the private key entry (by performing the "load" operation). Instead, you should have imported the CSR Response (pressing the button "Import CSR Response").

Please notice that Blogs are private publications of individuals. SAP does not review (or even approve) the content of Blogs.

3 REPLIES 3

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, to me it looks that the instructions provided in /people/aniket.tare/blog/2005/03/22/ssl-certificate-installation-procedure-for-sap-j2ee-engine-630-150-steps-in-visual-administrator are not correct: in step 10 you should not overwrite the private key entry (by performing the "load" operation). Instead, you should have imported the CSR Response (pressing the button "Import CSR Response").

Please notice that Blogs are private publications of individuals. SAP does not review (or even approve) the content of Blogs.

0 Kudos

there is a way to restore the private key ?

How can i re-use the cerficate?

Every CSR response has a cost.

Thanks,

Domenico.

0 Kudos

>

> there is a way to restore the private key ?

No. Only if you have made a backup.

If you only have the (public) certificate but not the corresponding private key, then you have lost. In that case you need to create a new keypair resulting in a new certificate; you also have to create a new CSR. If you are using the same subject name, your CA might be kind and will not charge you for the resubmission - if the previous certificate request was in the recent past. At least it's worth a try ...