cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying values from one field to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best way to copy values from a field in a table to another field in another table?

We try to use a calculated field , it worked well but the field is only updated when the user right click in the record and selects "recalculate" from the pop-up menu.

Thanks

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only move data from Subtables to Main table.

You cannot move data from main table to subtable.

Assignments will work

Calculation will alos work.

Looks like you are making a change in the subtable and expect to show up in the maintable. Untill you change something on the record in maintable recalculation will not happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhusudhan,

That is exactly the problem we have, we need to click on recalculate to update the record in the main table, and we need to propagate the value automatically from the field in the sub-table to the field in the main table.

Thanks for your help,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I would suggest to use Assignment for this case; where you can appky some conditions too.

please feel free to revert to me for further calrifications.

thanks

Alexander

p.s.Kindly reward the points if found problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

Can you elaborate more on assignments?

We have a sub-table called Material Groups and a field in that table call Interior Height.

We have a field in the Products table also called Int height.

We want to update the field Interior height in the Material Groups sub-table and as soon as it is saved, we want its value to propagate automatically to the field Int Height in the Products Table.

Thanks for your help,

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

'Automatic' is keyword i failed to implement in my assemption; but still you can achieve the goal by one manual step of executing the assignments.

Please feel free to revert to me for further calrifications..

thanks

Alexander