cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Export breaks with big files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are currently experiencing a big problem using the export functionality of projects under "System Management > Projects".

I can easily export smaller projects, but when I try to export a bigger project (15MB), the export fails. xMII seems to create the zip file, then the browser pops up the "Save as" window and starts the export. However, after a while the download window closes, the file is not saved in the destination folder, and the NW log shows the following errors:

User "system thred", IP address

Long data transfer callback received from client 123456 for an already processed request. Callback will be skipped.

Processing HTTP request to servlet [CMSAdmin] finished with error.

The error is: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.WebIllegalStateException:

The output is committed.

I cannot use the export to transfer the source from the development to the production server.I have started a SAPNet message, but maybe someone has an idea what the problem might be and how I can export / import the files easily. Zipping the files manually doesn't get the WEB files, right?

Maybe it is a folder overflow problem? Where is the "project".zip file stored by CMSAdmin before it is sent to the client?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Michael,

Most likely the issue is the result of a timeout in the transfer request from the server to you client. In order to resolve this you need to reduce the export time; essentially reduce the size of your project. What in your project is so big? Typically projects are less than a couple MBs. Maybe some of the content you have, probably images, could be moved into a "Common" project which you can export separately from the main project.

Hope this helps, at least until the issue can be resolved that is.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

at the beginning of a project you may have the chance to spread sources into separate project folders like common or tools and "myProject". However, I thought the functionality of the xMII project folders is such that I do not need dozens of project folders, but only one folder per customer project with all the sources it needs.

I will try to clean up the folder. Of course there are file in the course of development that can be deleted.

But I also asked a SAP colleague who told me that 13MB isn't an unusual size and that he has no problems with 18MB projects (see SAPNet message 86662). So this should be no problem, even if the project is a big one.

Michael

0 Kudos

Michael,

You are correct, having dozens of anything is probably a bad idea. The idea of organizing your project content into a couple of logical content groups on the other hand is probably not a bad idea and will help to organize your content better. With that said I can sympathize with your dilemma since modifying links after the fact is not much fun.

In order to test your issue please try the following....

1) Login via remote desktop into the xMII server

2) Login to xMII via the server's browser

3) Export the project to the server

Since this will be much faster locally to the server than your client and help to narrow down if it is a timeout issue or not.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

unfortunately remote logon to the server and starting is not possible because NetWeaver is running on an AIX environment where no graphical intervace is available.

Right now I am cleaning up and I guess I can reduce 3-5MB. Maybe this works until we have found the real problem.

Michael

0 Kudos

Michael,

What is the SAPNet message associated with this issue?

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

it is the 86662 (RUXMII120: Project Export fails).

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

after the cleanup of the project folder the zip file now has a size of 1,3MB (the deleted files were SWF files we currently do not use and had made up most of the former size).

Now, export using the Internet Explorer still breaks, but using the Firefox I could successfully download the exported zip file. So this helps me out at the moment. I guess we will also find the basic problem of it.

Thanks

Michael