cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDFSOURCE

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created an online interactive form and added it to my web Dynpro ABAP application. I have created a context attribute called PDFSOURCE of type xstring which I did bind to the PDFSOURCE property of the Interactive Form. I am able to change edit the form.

But the context attributes bound to the form do not return data through the PDFSOURCE context attribute. How can I read the user input from the interactive form.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can definitely help you on this. Please let me know the WebAS version.

Also let me know the scenario you are trying with.

Are you uploading the offline PDF to the webdynpro application.

Cheers

Satya

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

The scenario is as follows

The interactive form is online and embeded in my Web dynpro Application which when the user runs, It displays the form and the users fills in the form and click a send button to send it workflow.

The sending to workflow works, but the data that the user enters is not carried through. I tried a form that used to work some time ago and it is no more working. When the send button is clicked the form displays a processing window that says 'Wait' and goes on in that state for ever. It only stops when I right click it

We are running on WAS version 7.0

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

do you happen to use https? Does the server require client certificates?

Best regards,

Thomas

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

We areb using HTTP. How do I tell whether the server require client certificates.

Kind Regards

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prince,

there's a server param with verify_client as part of the name. It's value must not be 2. Values 0 and 1 are both ok. Third possible problem that comes to my mind is the

presence of a reverse proxy. That's not supported by Reader.

Best regards,

Thomas

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I have checked the verify_client parameter and it has the value 1. We dont have a reverse proxy as well.

I tested the ADS RFC and it giving me the following message. 'Response from web server contains cookies - accept?'

The cookies have the following IDs JSESSIONID and saplb_*. But the test is successful after accepting the cookies. Does this mean anything?

Kind Regards

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

regarding the returned cookie, I don't know if this was ok or not. Some server expert

might be able to answer that. Regarding the effect you saw on the client, the reason

for it is that Reader tries to send data to the server, but does not receive an answer.

Hence, the clock-icon appears by Web Dynpro. By right-clicking, Web Dynpro starts

over again with the process. Hence, the clock-icon gets removed. It appears as if

everything went ok after right-clicking, but that's not the case. The data from Reader

was not sucessfully to the server.

Further steps to take:

- check for any kind rabax in st22

- (use a http sniffer tool like HTTPFiddler and try to debug it)

- open a support ticket to SAP (recommended if there was no rabax in st22)

Best regards,

Thomas