cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering Stock Item in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our company we have implemented SRM 5.5 - classic scenario. We are ordering consumption materials from external catalogs. Also internal catalogs can be created in MDM.

Now we have a new business requirement for stock materials, the PO have to be created as before in the backend system.

Before to start with the changes in the system I would like to ask you what exactly is the procedure.

This is what I have found out:

In the way we have set up the system, the only change which we have to do is to add new Purchasing Group for the stock items and define the objects for it in R/3 system ( the Organizational structure object ID of the Purchasing group will be defined for all product categories; Always external procurement).

In addition, to existing attributes a different movement type for goods receipt in stock will be added, as well as locations (storage locations) in the extended attribute tab.

No account assignment category will be used. Here I have a problem how to define that no category will be used, at the moment we are using cost center, if I remove it from the attribute tab I will receive an error that Account assignment is missing?

The material will be ordered via internal catalogs for now, after that if it is necessary to use external catalogs mapping between external supplier material numbers and internal will be done. It is not necessary to replicate the material numbers in SRM since we are not using APO, right?

The goods receipt will be done in the backend system.

Please, correct me if I have missed something!

Regards,

Desislava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Desislava

1) You need to replicate materials to SRM

2) In the shopping cart, you need to click on 'Order as Direct Material' button in item details screen. This will make it 'stock material' and will not ask you for account assignment.

3) The direct material procurement (i.e. stock material procurement) will follow extended classic scenario even though you configured classic scenario. So, PO will be created in SRM and a copy will be in R/3.

4) You can create GR in R/3 (or confirmation in SRM which will create GR in R/3)

Hope things are clear

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Thank you for your answer!

I thought that probably it will not be necessary to activate extended classic scenario, because in classic scenario we have activated also ordering of materials from the warehouse which creates reservation in the backend without replication of the materials, but now I understand.

Your answer makes me ask you a few more questions, hope you have time to answer me.

First of all, is it possible when we activate the extended classic scenario, to keep for some materials the PO to be created in the backend system and only the PO for stock materials to be created in SRM system? I sow that in IMG that restriction can be made via BADI (BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI), for some product categories to exclude the extended classic scenario.

How the stock for stock materials will be updated if the confirmation is done in SRM, is it standard functionality or another BADI should be used, or job has to be activated.

Thanks,

Desi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Desi,

In continuation to Ramki's reply.....

1. Yes, it is very much possible to have Classic scenario for some product categories and Extended classic for other product categories. The BADI you have mentioned is the right one for affecting such a setting.

2. In case of "Order as direct materials" the system will ask for a plant and storage location during the shopping cart creation itself.And these things are mandatory for the creation of shopping cart.

So when you confirm, the stock gets updated in the concerned storage location and you can check that in R/3 using MMBE transaction.

This is a standard functionality and no BADI is required to be activated.

Hope this makes you more clear.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Answers (0)