cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPC 2003 and Creme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have downloaded Pocket PC 2003 as an emulator for my test purposes.

And I have tried using all the three follwing creme versions as a JVM for the emulator.

CrEme327d_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal.CAB

CrEme327a_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal.CAB

CrE-ME412_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal.CAB

But each time it results an error saying - Creme is not a valid PPC Application.

What can be the possible reasons for it and What is the way out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently I'm working in SAP MI 2.5.

If you want to test ur MI application (jsp version) using an emulator, u can go to the Microsoft's website and please download three things

1.setup.exe >> just for virtual PC 2007 setup

2.V1Emulator 1.0

3.another exe file most probably efp.msi

and the last one to connect ur PC with this mobile device please download

4.setup.exe >> for ActiveSync4.0

Install these one by one in the above mentioned sequence.

Then one folder will be created when ur PC and the device will be connected. Place all the folders u want to share with this device. Place CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.cab

in that folder and click on that it'll be installed..on the emulator

.In the same way u can install MI 2.5 to test ur application.

I hope u would b able to test ur application.

If it works, please reward some points....

Thanks ,Laboni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Laboni,

please correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess your solution is for Windows Mobile 5.0

The question in this thread is how to get it run on PPC 2003.

Best Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

.........you learn as long as you life.......

Sorry for my last posting and shame on me....

Honestly I never was able to start Creme on an emulator - or it was a long time ago when this was working the last time. After the last post I did it again - and it worked.

I used:

CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.cab

MI CAB file for MI2.5SP18

With my Win2003 device emulator. All I did was:

I used the image in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\Emulators\Images\PocketPC\2003\1033

started it from Visual Studio 8 and created a shared folder. Into that folder I placed the above mentioned CAB files, went to the running image and processed it there - I found it in the Storage Card folder. Voila, I was able to run the demo and MI started as well (used the MI link in the startup folder)

Sorry for the confusion I caused with my obviously wrong previous posting!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laboni

Till now, I have able to test only your solution, So replying to your post only.

I have done all the steps you asked me to do. Downloaded and Installed everything.

I downloaded the creme also and put it in the shared fodler. But when I click on it... It gives the following error:

Installation of CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_mi was unsuccessful. The installation file is not intended for this device.

Kindly tell me your views on this problem...

And if you think the problem is with the creme file, Will it be possible for you to mail me the creme on my email - ankurnraj@gmail.com

Help is really needed.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

which version of the device emulator are you using - yes, I know it is the 2003 Emulator - but what version? There are two versions available. The last one came with the Emulator for 2006 devices. If you install that, even the emulator for 2003 devices gets updated. This does not mean that you loose the 2003 emulation - it is just the 2003 emulator that gets some better simulation code underneath for the device emulation. Please install the Mobile SDK for 2006 devices and then try the stuff again - this should work then.

I found out that this was my issue: I did it in the past with an old simulator and there are SDKs from Microsoft where the stuff is not working.

Hope this helps to solve your issue at the end!

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's good that I helped u partially.

If u installed everything mentioned in my last thread, I think right now u have three things installed in ur desktop.

1)PC Pocket coldboot

2) Device emulator manger

3) Ms Active Sync

Right?

First of all start ur PC Pocket coldboot(let it start fully),

go to ur Device emulator manger. There under "others"

there is an id select that one, right click on that and select cradle.

It'll start to synchronize this device with ur desktop and also the CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.cab file.

After this synchronization, again put MI25Tom_en.cab file in the shared folder (if these files are not there)and everytime when u are putting this emulator on cradle,it'll automatically get synchronized.

Now go to ur emulator>file explorer

u can see these cab files ...right?

Click on the CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.cab to install the JVM

then

click on the other and install it in the same way.

One more thing>>> to run ur mobile application u need to keep the Tomcat server of ur desktop's MI client in running mode and u must be logged into the MI client from the desktop.

I think now ur problem will be solved.

Please reward me some points if it helps u........

Edited by: Laboni Bhowmik on Feb 19, 2008 7:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laboni

I have done all that you said, and Its working all fine

It was really a great help to me and I am very thankful to you.

Thanks again soo much

Ankur

@Oliver: Thanks for all the help, I will surely use the wisdom you provided anytime I need it and will ask for more

@Laboni: I think I just awarded you more points than I thought I could

Edited by: ankur malhotra on Feb 19, 2008 10:11 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

the problem is: Creme itself is not running on the Emulator - that is a real problem for testing MI aplicaitons prior to version MI7.1. With MI7.1 you can download an emulator from SAP - if you have access to MI7.1

Sorry for that.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Around a year back, I was able to run Creme on a PPC 2003 emulator as well as successfully test MI scenario.

Is the problem you mentioned related to recent release of Creme?

Best regards,

Nakul Rajurkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I think this was thn more related to the PPC2003 emulator you used - cause I was never able to run Creme in the emulator - whatever I did - and I was told by SAP that this was a problem as well.

I can run the PDA runtime on PC while starting it on Eclipse - but this is not runing in the emulator in my case.

Regards,

Oliver