cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New member...require bit of guidance.....on Netweaver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have recently joined this network.

So, not sure wether this is right place to post such a question.

I am a fresher in IT field. My level of knowledge is limited to core java and JSP, servlets.

Now I am a member of project team which is working on SAP Netweaver. By now, I have just been able to understand that this has to do something with java.

I wish to pave a good foundation basic knowledge on this entire technology.

I just seek guidance on how to approach for this field.

I am having very basic knowledge about SAP that it is an ERP and have various integrated functional modules. But nothin more than that.

So, do i need to learn SAP before moving towards Netweaver. If so, then to what extent should I learn SAP and how.

I came to know about a book SAP Netweaver for dummies. As its name suggest , i thought it would be better option to start. But not sure.

Please guide me.

Thanx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

whatever you want to know regarding netweaver or r/3, there is a simple way of searching that particular topic in search button of site http://help.sap.com/

you can even download the PDF's from that site.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome to SAP World.

I suggest you to start with following

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e1/8e51341a06084de10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx pinkle...

But I am confused after looking at that page.

This page seems to give details about

Portal

SAP netweaver Business client

SAP GUI for windows

SAP Netweaver mobiles...etc..

Sir, I seek to gain bit of bigger view on how all things interrelate each other and where SAP netweaver fixes itself in entire picture of SAP..

I think, This information can be usefull if i know what is portal and want to learn about it.

But, my question was on SAP netweaver, and you gave me link for portal...

Are these things interrelated to each other....

Sir, i am very much confused on all this SAP stuff...

Please bear some pain to guide me in lucid words.

I am sorry if i am irritating you from my reply.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Welcome to the world of SAP.

well you can just google to learn more about SAP. it is a big ERP vendor , you are right. But it's business processes are not limited to only ERP, but CRM, SRM etc.

Netweaver is the application platform for building new SAP applications and running them. there are various components in it like Enterprise portal, XI, BW,MDM etc. and has lot many tools to support development. It would be better if you just understand the stacks in SAP Netweaver architecture and choose which technology interests you. As it is vast, the sooner you fine tune the better. Explaining each component in blog is not possible, and i suggest you to google separately for each component to get an overview. Then in relevent forums you can post your doubts.

Please reward points if this is helpful.

With regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnks for information...

yes it was usefull...

Just one more doubt

I came to know about a book "Discover SAP" from SAP press.

These books from SAP press are available in Euros...

How can i get low price addition of these SAP press books.

I m very much interested in this book, but dont' know how to get one.

Does these books from SAP press are shipped to India? in low price addition.

If not then how can i read them...

do i have to purchase original cost books...

that would be too costly...

Thanks in advance.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. many books are available in India.

You can check major book stores or get the book details from amazon.com and order in the best book sore you know in your city. Also ask for your Indian edition. [;)]

But i doubt, if it will be cheap.

Thanks!

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Check for the SAP Netweaver Business Client the following link

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012003146900000152162007E/nwbc12en.pdf

Check for SAP GUI

You can find more information about SAP Gui, in the DOCU folder of the Installation software, there are a lot pdf files.

Follow the next steps:

1) https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/swdc

2) Follow: Download->Installations and Upgrades>Entry by Application Group->SAP FrontEnd components->SAP GUI for windows->SAP GUI 7.10->Installation

Unzip the file, and follow the path:

SAP GUI 7.10->PRES1->DOCU

There you will find the pdf files that contains information about sap gui

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a review of [Discover SAP|http://www.erp-training.info/blog/2008/04/discover-sap-by-nancy-muir-and-ian-kimbell-book-review/].

At the end of the review there are instructions how to get a mind map of the book's contents (requires free registration). After registration you'll also have access to a guide explaining where to get free study material. SAP AG themselves have tons of info and a lot of it is freely accessible. The guide shows you where to find it.

By the way SAP rightfully has strict requirements for quality so prepare to invest a lot to meet their quality standards. The price of books like Discover SAP is peanuts compared to what you'll need to invest.