cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

sale order with schedule line in the future(14.02.2008)

for 2 line items.

i had saved the sale order,delivery,pgi and billing.

it got posted.

how the system is allowing the future dates to do this process.

logically pgi or billing should happen only on 14/02/2007.

kindly reply

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Sale order with schedule line is 14.02.2008, this means the order quantity can be delivered to cusotmer on this date.

This date is determined based on Material availability date.

System provides the confirmed date by calculating backword scheduling from the date customer wants the good at place i.e devlivery date. ( it calculates all the dates like material availability date, transportation planning date, loading, picking, packing and transit time to reach customer). then give confirmed delivery or schedule line.

As you said this is happening in futuer i.e 14/02/2008.

You create delivery after this due date. This means all the activities are carried out for this delivery for this reason you can create delivery with PGI.

( The system is operated by user (business) to just replicate the actual process happening in the business)

Kindly reward points if useful.

Regards

vK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

useful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya

If the sales order is confirmed on 14/02/2008 which is the confirmed date, it can only be delivered on this date, but if you are creating delivery on future date (Changing the date manually) and stock is available it would do PGI. As other said that it does Backward scheduling to confirm the delivery date. if the system has to create the delivery automatically through Delivery Due List Job then it can only be done the confirmed delivery date.

Prasad

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Divya

I dont think it is possible through VL01N. Probably, you would have tried thru VL10C. In VL01N, unless you change manually the "selection date" to future, you cannot do PGI.

If you want to control this in VL10C, after Shipping Point and Delivery Creation Date, there is a field "calculation rule for determining default value for delivery creation date".

Here, either you can set the option to "1" or "9" by applying user exit.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your point. However this is not an error 'cos in SAP if you have material availability then this is possible, unless you specifically configure to stop at delivery. However if PGI is done then billing can also be done.

AWARD POINTS IF USEFUL

Regards,

Jn