cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM SC PR PO Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am new to SRM and any guidance, notes, pdf you can provide is appreciated.

My email id is nikhilmalvankar@gmail.com

The application that i am working on is SRM with catalog (only) managed by MDM.

SC created in SRM is posted as PR in R3.

R3 generates a PO corresponding to PR.

Both PR and PO are posted back to SRM

One issue i am facing is PR is reflected on SRM but PO is missing in SRM (present in R3). Any pointers?

FYI.... BBP_GET_STATUS and CLEAN_REQREQ_UP are running fine.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

Which implementation are you on? Classic or Extended Classic implementation? Do you see PO information in the follow-on documents section of the Shopping cart?

Regards,

Suren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suren,

Thanks for your quick response ...here are responses to your questions.

Which implementation are you on? Classic or Extended Classic implementation?

Classic Model .....SC created in SRM creates PR in R3 which then generates a PO

Both PR and PO are suppose to be reflected back in SRM.

Do you see PO information in the follow-on documents section of the Shopping cart?

I see PR in Follow-on ....I do NOT see PO number which is present in R3

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

In Classic scenario, The shopping cart created in SRM will transfer to backend R/3 based on the setting made in SPRO.

SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > Cross Application Basic settings > Define objects in backend system

There based on your setting, the Shopping cart will create either P.R or P.O (P.O if the SC is complete, i.e when there is a vendor assigned) in the backend R/3.

The P.O thus created can only be changed in R/3 and only the status gets updated in SRM and can be seen under Check status of that Shopping cart.

You can further create confirmation & invoice in either SRM & R/3.

Try create confirmation in SRM for that P.O. If it allows you to create then everything is fine.

Hope this makes you more clear.

Award points for helpful naswers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Teja,

Correct me ....the setting you mentioned SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > Cross Application Basic settings > Define objects in backend system is more for where PR/PO is created rt?

In this case SRM creates SC and generates a PR in R3 as per above setting ...which is Classic Model rt?

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The setting "SPRO > IMG > SRM > SRM Server > Cross Application Basic settings > Define objects in backend system" determines whether a PR/PO is to be created in the R/3 backend system.

Your technical scenario is the CLASSIC scenario.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for the confirmation...but i m still searching for clues to find answer to my original issue...as to why PR gets copied from R3 to SRM and not PO

SC created in SRM is posted as PR in R3.

R3 generates a PO corresponding to PR.

Both PR and PO are posted back to SRM

One issue i am facing is PR is reflected on SRM but PO is missing in SRM (present in R3). Any pointers?

FYI.... BBP_GET_STATUS and CLEAN_REQREQ_UP are running fine.

Please feel free to send any documentation regarding SRM to nikhilmalvankar@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

In addition to what Disha has suggested, i think there is some gap in understanding of your scenarios.

In Classic scenario, once you create SC in SRM it creates a P.R in R/3 as per the setting mentioned in my previous reply.

And you can create either a P.R or a P.O in backend R/3.

And as understood by you, the system will not create either a copy of P.R or P.O in SRM in Classic scenario. It will only update the status in Check Status under Follow On Documents node.

You can not display either P.R or P.O in SRM.That is only possible in R/3.

Hope this makes you more clear and helps in understanding the scenario.

Clarifications are welcome.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Agreed PR and PO are created in R3 and only numbers updated in SRM under Follow-On Documents.

My issue is under Follow-on Documents i only see PR and do not see PO.

Also if anyone can describe in short the different generic jobs that run in SRM R3 for complete cycle...SC to PR to PO will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The two reports that you mentioned are the standard reports that need to run continuously.

CLEAN_REQREQ_UP - for clearing entries from SOCO once the SC is converted to P.O

and BBP_STATUS_GET_2 is for updating the status.

This is really strange why the P.O status is not updated under Chek status if everything is running fine.

Neverthless try creating Confirmation and invoice in SRM. If the system is allowing to create confirmation then it indicates that P.O status is updated as confirmed /approved P.O.

Also check in R/3 if some release procedure is maintained for the P.O which prevents the P.O from actually getting approved.

If some release procedure is there for P.O even though the P.O is created until and unless it is released it will not update the status in SRM as ordered/ approved P.O.

So please look into these observations and run the cycle once again.

Hope this will help you in resolving the issue.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikil,

Please check the note 949162 and let me know if this resolves the problem.

Regards,

Kumaran.