cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizer is not considering lot size maintained in the PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I found some issues in the optimization run. The situation is, there is one customer, say C1..two plants say PL1 and PL2 and one product P1. In product-Plan assignment the minmum and maximum lot size are maintained for both the plant, T-lane is valid for PL1>>C1 and PL2>>C1. Transportation cost for PL1>>C! is lesser thant that of PL2>>C1, but In PL2 production cost is much lesser than that of PL1.

Pln Ords are getting created in PL2 with production quantity, 50, 70, 170..like this, but minimum lot size in the PPM (inPL2) is 100. and if demand quantity is 5000, pln ords created only 700-1200, but when I see stock transfer, it is total of exact 5000, 3-4 shipments.

And didnt find any transportation cost.

What is the problem their?..Please help me.

Satyajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not very familiar with Optimizer. Hopefully you are running discretization with optimizer. Are the results respecting rounding values at all ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for replying...Yes, dscrt-optimizer, but the results not all respecting rounding values (lot size).

It is generating pln ord from one location (plant, (production cost is low, comparing other plant)) and stock transfer is happening from other location (plant) to the customer location (yes transport cost is lesser, but very minimul pln ord is generated from this plant(production cost is high, comparing other plant)).

so how the stock transfer is happening????

Satyajit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Satyajit,

Check the lot size defined in the product master.

"If the minimum lot size in the product master is larger than the minimum lot size in the PPM, the optimizer takes into account the value from the product master"

Regards,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

Thanks for the reply..but no lot size maintained in the product master, so optimizer sud consider lot size maintained in the PPM.

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the optimizer profile have you made proper selection in general and discrete constraint tabs.