cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDS lotsize getting ignored while SNP Heur run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario where one product has multiple SNP PDS with different min/max lot size.

When we take SNP loc heuristics run, the PDS selection is not happening on the basis of lot size constraint mentioned in PDS (min/max lot size). However the lot size in Product master is honoured, but PDS selection is wrong.

Please advise.

Regards

Swati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I too am having the same issue, whereby in interactive planning I create an order for 10,000 KG's but the max lot size on the PDS is 8000kg's. It allows me to choose the PDS with max of 8000 Kg.

This seems incorrect. Did you come to a resolution? What was it?

Thanks

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati, Andrew,

Could you explain a bit more what your are experiencing.

As far as I am aware the heuristic shoudl behave this way:

1. First check minimum and maximum from product master. If the order is bigger than the maximum the order will be split inot mulptiple

2. Then check the PPM/PDS minimum and maximum. Note: if the PDS maximum is higher than the product master one it is ignored. If it is smaller then it will be considered. the system will then build multiple order based on the maximum from the PDS.

Important points:

a. The product master is the important value here

b. The heuristic should create multiple order of the size of the maximum, but remember the heuristic is still planning "infinite"

Does it help?

Please explain further...

Kind regards

Julien

0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

I agree with all you are saying about the SNP heuristic and lot size on the product master.

My problem is this:

- there is a PDS with min and max lot size of 1 to 8000 KG on fill line 1 (higher priority)

- there is second a PDS with min and max lot size of 1 to 40000 KG on fill line 2 (lower priority)

- if I create an order interactively in the SNP planning book for 10000 KG, I am given the option of both PDS despite PDS 1 (fill line 1) not being valid due to PDS lot size. I then assign the order to PDS 1.

This does not seem correct as the routing max lot size is 8000 KG and will fail in R/3 when converted to a production order because there is no valid routing.

What are your thoughts? Can you provide any information on this issue?

Thanks

Andrew