cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO on R/3 not created from SRM Bid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I create a contract on R/3 from a bid without problem but when i try a PO it is created only on SRM.

I´m using classical scenario, i define the backend system on

IF_EX_BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS~DETERMINE_LOGSYS

using

loop at item_data into line.
line-logical_system = 'BACCLNT202'.
line-logsys_fi = 'BACCLNT202'.
modify item_data from line.
endloop.

I implemeted bapi BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW and BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK but the program dont go through them.

Do i miss some customizing??

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is standard behaviour of the system. From a bid invitation (process starts there) you only can create Contract and GOA. A PO is only possible in Extended Classic scenario.

In order to be able to create a PO in R/3 from Bid Invitation in Classic scemario, you need to start with a Shopping Cart. Logically there needs to be a demand, which is fullfilled by a PO.

Start your process with a SC in SRM and then go thru the Bid Invitation. When all the settings for Doc Type and there respective followon Docs are ok, the PO is created in R/3.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Clara,

It is possible to create a PO from a SC??? I upload a PR from R/3 creating a necessity using sourcing and create a bid from it.

It is possible???

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have a classic scenario, right?

It is possible to create a PO based on a SC request.

When you do an upload of an external requirement (plan driven procurement) only a local PO (SRM PO is possible); this requires by standard extended classic.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really???

Im really on trouble.Only one thing more. What is the meaning of The purchase order in Enterprise Buyer is the leading purchase order ?? i mean, it is the R/3 PO changeable or not? one solution for my problem could be: extended classical scenario but the user dont have grants to work with SRM PO, only with R/3.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the extended classic could be the solution for you. It depends on the processes overall as well the commodities which are supposed to be procurement.

The purchase order in Enterprise Buyer is the leading purchase order in the extended classic scenario. This means, that the PO is created in SRM and a copy is sent to R/3. Changes to the PO are possible in SRM only.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Extended classic scenario it is not a possibility im afraid. The workflow later the PO is on R/3 only. So i have to search a non-standar solution. Do you recommend me something? Create a PO on R/3 with a XI BAPI or cut my veins maybe :D?

Thanks for all again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Think about your process design. For how many events does that happen? A bid come into the game, when a new vendor is needed or the price should be revisited. That does not happen for every Req or SC. When the workflow is the issue, think about to get it done in SRM.

The system can be manipulated to create a PO although extended is required. There are some threads out there about this.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very good information that you have provided. What you are saying is that since I am using the Classic Scenario that I can only create an R/3 puchase order from the BID if I have created the bid from a shopping cart.

So can you provide any details of how the Bid Invitation gets created from the shopping cart? Is there are configuration to do this or can the purchaser create a bid with reference to a shopping cart? Any details would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

-Paul Trauth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

just create a SC in SRM and make sure, it goes to the Sourcing Cocpkit or that already a Bid Invitation is automatically created via "Define Sourcing for Product Categories". Within the customizing for "Define Transaction Types" make sure that a PO Doc Type is defined as a follow on document.

By the way:

for the process of getting R/3 requisitions sourced, there is a difference between MRP driven Reqs and "normal" Reqs. As long as "normal" reqs are moved up to SRM, it is possible to create a classic PO by standard. For MRP driven reqs (direct material) extended classic is needed by standard or a modificated process needs to be implemented.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. It really helped. I'm not sure how to reward points but I would do that if you can tell me how.

Regards,

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for the information. We are also running in the same scanerio and it would be great help to know your opinion. Could you please confirm if the below scenario works

1. P Req will be created in ECC

2. P Req (Service material group only) will be transfered to SRM - BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER

3. Source of supply (RFQ) in SRM -

4. Create GOA in SRM from RFQ and distribute it to ECC

5.Create PO in ECC by refferring contract in ECC from step 4

6. Confirmations and Invoices will be created in ECC

Thanks,

Edited by: Jain on Feb 21, 2008 10:36 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a very similar problem.

We have used the BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS~CONTRACT_LOGSYS_DETERMINE.

If you look at the documentation for this it says:

"In the standard system, the system creates contracts locally from Sourcing and SAP Bidding Engine You can use this BAdI to determine a backend system. The local system used by the standard system to create contracts is XYZ4711. In the field CV_LOGSYS, you enter the logical system ABC0815 that links to a backend system. In this way, contracts are created in the backend system."

Based on this information we put the following code in this BADI:

CV_LOGSYS = 'CSC_Q01030'.

But it still appears as though the system is trying to create a local PO.

When we goto SM21 we see the following error:

BBP_PD 396 Purchase orders cannot be created without IPC pricing

This indicates that the SRM system is still trying to create a backend document or a local purchase order. We are using the classic scenario (not extended classic) and want a backend R/3 document.

Can you check SM21 in your system as well as look at the METHOD that we have used and try it in your system? Please let me know if any of this information helps or if you find another solution, maybe we can trade notes and resolve both of our issues!

Regards,

-Paul