cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wrote a small portal component which uses the .NET Connector for RFCs in C#. The deployment to the portal was ok, no error message. But when I try to view the portal component, I get the following error message:

BEGIN

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0012: The type 'SAP.Connector.SAPTable' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'SAP.Connector, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50436dca5c7f7d23'.

END

In my C# project, a reference for the SAP.Connector exists.

Please, anyone has an answer to the following questions:

I wrote the C# portal component with the PDK 2.0, .NET Connector 2.0 and .NET Framework 1.1 (all 32bit) on my notebook.

On the portal server, we have .NET Framework 2.0, a 64bit OS and no .NET Connector installed. Could this constellation cause any problems? Must the .NET Connector be installed on the portal server?

Thanks and best regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You don't need SAP .NET Connector installation on the server, but you need connector runtime to be installed on the server. Connector runtime is installed by Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET installation.

If you want your Portal Runtime for Microsoft .NET to be installed on 64-bit OS, you can't use Portal Runtime 2.0 for Microsoft .NET as it doesn't support 64-bit OS. In this case you need to install Portal Runtime 2.5 for Microsoft .NET + Hotfix 3.

Thanks & Regards,

Rima.