cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple EDI sales Orders to ORDERS05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is we are receiving 10 different EDIfiles and the message types are like(DLCHDR,ORDHDR,DLCHDR) which to be posted to ERP as sales orders. My query is we are receiving ORDHDR mesage types from 4 or 5 different customers.we are using see burger and planning to start with AS2 Sender adapter and IDOC receiver adapter.

Would it be necessary to built new interface for every message type and customer or any other easiest way of doing this?

Please respond ASAP

Cheers,

Smith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shri,

Thanks for your reply.

So, i think it would be a good idea to built 10 inbound interfaces as we have 10 customers sending data through two mail boxes,

Also, Can't we create one interface with inbound message type as ORDHDR, since we are picking data from three mailboxes,

use multi mapping to map, and post.

since the destination is posting in ERP , we need only one receiver agreemnet.

please clarify EDI gurus, as the solution is very urgent to start the development.

Cheers,

Smith

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, u have 10 types of outbound messages (XI outbound interfaces). If u have more than one interface at the sender side, there is no option but to create a separate interface. If u want to combine all the 10 messages in PI, then it has to be achieved using BPM.

Multimapping N:1 is not possible without BPM

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for your reply.

My scenario is : we have 10 customers sending data in EDI files and we will pick these files using two mailboxes.

Some customers are sending the data using the same message type ORDHDR (around 6) and the rest different message type

.we are planning to use Seeburger , AS2 adapter to convert the EDi to XMl.

These 10 message types are mapped to IDOC orders and posted in ERp

My questions is:

1. We need to built 10 inbound(to XI) message interfaces and one outbound message interface to ERP - is this correct?

2. We also need to send sales invoices to 5 of these customers?

Any step by step guide will really help me

Cheers,

Smith

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In XI terminology, outbound interface is - Sender to XI

inbound is XI to Receiver.

1. Correct. 10 outbound and 1 inbound. But there will be 10 separate scenarios then. That means 10 receiver determination and other config.

2. Separate interfaces for Invoices have to be created

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guys,

Wrong thread to post, posted in different thread

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Thanks for responding.

“The document with steps which needs to be followed in BIC in order to convert the structure into the XSD structure so that you can use the structure in external definition of XI.”

my email id is: sapaulsmith@gmail.com

My scenario is:

We are getting 10 different types of EDI files from 10 different customers to couple of mail boxes and we need to post them into ERP as sales orders. But, some customers 4 out of 10 are sending the data in the same message type format called “ORDHDR”.

We are planning to build 10 outbound interfaces and one inbound interface in XI to post these files as sales orders in ERP.

We are planning to use Seeburger, AS2 as sender adapter , Idoc as receiver and planning to install BIC tool as well.

Also we are planning to map all these EDI data to ORDERS05 (please correct me if I’m wrong), so that the data can be posted into ERP as sales orders.

Could you please clarify?

• Would one inbound interface serve my purpose?

• Do we need to create different AS2 sender adapters for different mail boxes?

Any step by step explanation would really help me a lot

Thanks in advance Chirag

Cheers,

Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one more solution but not easy one. We are using that solution in our company.

What we are doing is we have checked all message types for their similarities and dissimilarities.

Then we tried to make a master specification which includes everything and then we created a user Defined IDOC as ZORDERS with some Z Segments to serve our purpose.

Now with single map with is more complex and have capabilities of making use of multiple message type to convert to IDOC.

Regards,

Shri