cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material stock

0 Kudos

hi sir....

1) I have a scenario like in my plant 'XXXX"there is a stock of 100Pacs of material M1 and say yesterday,i.e(12/02/08) i have recieved orders say

ORDER1->30pac,ORDER2>40pac,ORDER3--->30pac for which the required delivery date is 14/02/08 and all the orders are confirmed due to sufficient stock availability in the plant 'XXXX".

now when a Customer "Y" is placing a CASH SALES ORDER for the same material M1, today,i.e(13/02/08).system instead of showing no stock it has to automatically pick the material and the quantity from the confirmed orders which wre placed on(12/02/08).

how to configure this scenario.pls gv me exact solution....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Standard SAP SD has a basic function called as "Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements" Whenever a sales order is created the sales order line item's schedule line will transfer a requirement. The system checks whether there is stock available and if yes then it automatically confirms the same for the sales order line item. This basically happens in the case of MTS scenario.

Now say you are working in MTS scenario & have selected MRP type as say PD in the material master record. In the plant stock there is stock of 10 pieces of item "A". Now if you create a sales order of 10 pieces of item "A" then the system will automatically confirm the 10 pieces which are in the stock for the sales order. if after this you create one more sales order for item "A" of 5 pieces then the system will display a screen where it will show you that there are no items for confirmation. This happens because those 10 pieces were already confirmed for the first sales order. If you check in MMBE the system will show you the stock as 10 pieces.

Now if you want to allot 5 pieces to the second sales order then you have to do "rescheduling". Use transaction code V_V2, enter the material and execute by pressing "F8". The system will show all the sales order for which the particular item in question is assigned. Now say you want to cancel the allotment of 5 out of 10 pieces from first sales order then double click on the line item , the system will carry you to the first sales order - change the quantity to 5 from 10 - assign a reason for rejection - save. Now got to V_V2 again - enter the material - execute - the system will show that for the first sales order only 5 pieces are assigned.

Now go to VA02 - select second sales order - double click on the line item - go to schdule lines - click on "material availability" here the system will show you 5 pieces which you can confirm for this order - click on the "green button" and save the sales order.

Now again go to V_V2 - enetr the material - execute - the system will show that 5 pieces are confirmed for first sales order & 5 for the second sales order.

Actually SAP doesn't cancel the allotment of an item from a sales order automatically. You have to carry out rescheduling.

Otherwise in the material master maintain MRP type as "ND". Now when you create sales order the system will always show that the schedule line is confirmed. Only when the physical stock is available in the plant storage location will the delivery be done with the PGI. But this will be very confusing as several users may try to create the sales order for the same material.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Same thread already posted by Mr.Rajasekara reedy in the name of typical scenerio why again you pasted same thing under this thread.

Thanks,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.T on Feb 13, 2008 11:09 AM

0 Kudos

hi sir,

bcoz i was having d same question and tht thread was not answered properly,thts why i hv copied tht thread.no other intention sir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can use Order rescheduling T.code V_V2, but this will work based on setting made in customer master record Sales -> Shipping--> Delivery Priority.

Regards

vK

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the scenario quoted by you, I suppose that incase of Cash Sale Scenario, it is picking the stock, as it finds stock available in Availability Check. Incase of ORDER1, ORDER2 & ORDER3, it has only carried out availability check, but not reserved stock for the same. It will reserve stock only after Delivery is created & Picking is done, before which the material will be in Unrestricted Stock.

When we create delivery, availability check will be carried again & the current stock position then will be taken into consideration.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka