Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive user creation and password for roll out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently implementing MSS and we have connected the CUA to our HR system. I would like to know if there is any tools that create automatically users for the new hired employees (by a job that we can run everyday). And if there is any standard tools to send emails with different passwords (automatically generated) for all the MSS users when we will do the roll out.

Could someone help me?

Thanks,

Anne

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you already have the email address of the employee to send the generated password to, then you could try a self-registration scenario.

Here is a thread from past discussions which will help you further with search terms:

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Anne & Julius,

We have just used HRUSER for the creation of our 2000 ESS users. We have tweaked the transaction a bit and are currently testing it.

However, I have an additional question and I hope you don't mind that I ask it in this thread. How can we make sure that newly created users (Through tc ZHRUSER) receive their UserId and initial Password? In Java UME there is an option to send out an e-mail when a new user is created, but that does not work when the user is created in ABAP as this does not trigger the UME. How can we manage this in ABAP?

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Jan Laros

0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

you mentioned that you use CUA....

In this case you could configure a workflow with e-Mail-creation which is triggered by the 'cloned'-event, which is raised at idoc-creation in the cua-master (FM SUSR_ZBV_USER_SEND). Unfortunately the information in the event is very poor (user changed, roles assigned, profiles assigned), so you have to perform some own checks to verify, which change (in your case user creation) has been performed before starting the workflow. For instance you could compare usr02,usr04 and USH02/04 if some history data exists already for the user to make sure that this is a new user and the workflow has to be started.

Well I know, htat this is not very elegant.... nevertheless it's a possibility which should work.

b.rgds,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why can't you try synchronizing the UME with your Network AD. This is the most reliable way to maintain the UME database. You can refer the following document that has the clear information and the steps:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8302a929-0501-0010-05b5-d48...

Rgds,

Raghu

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Maybe it makes sense to cross-post your inquiry to the [|SAP NetWeaver Identity Management] forum.