Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Order Confirmation as PDF to email address

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

any idea how to setup the output type to send the printout of the order confirmation in PDF format as an email.

But i do not want to send it to the customer but to a specified email in another dept.

Thank you.

Dyl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DYL,

Try this below link to configure:

/people/venkata.ramisetti/blog/2006/09/21/configuring-output-types-for-pdf-based-print-forms

/people/gaurav.parmar2/blog/2008/02/13/issue-smart-form-output-to-email-as-pdf-attachment

/people/erwan.lebrun/blog/2007/04/16/tips-tricks-email-fax-through-the-same-output-type

But you should require ABAPer to code and configure...

rcg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dyl,

Yes we can get the Order confirmation through PDF

Procedure

After taking the normal Output automatically system will generate Spool Number that u will find in VA02 go inside in extra ---> output ---> processing Log there u will find Spool number..

then goto SE38 ---> give the programme name RFTXPDFT4 and presss F8 ( execute ) ---> there give that spool number and mention the path where u want to save..Automatically PDF will available in that location..

The same procedure for invoice also...

Reward, If it is helpfull..

Regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

First config output for medium 5 (email). Then ask your abaper to make changes in the program. Sapscript or smartform used for layout will be converted to PDF thru programming and will be attached with mail.

thanks

anya

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DYL,

It is possible to send PDF file to other mail ID , for that you need take ABAPer help to develop the output program in such way that, as per your requirement.

Regards,

Murali.

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you for your reply.

so the output type medium will still be "1 Print Output"? but just that my program will be changed?

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear DYL,

The Medium is Not "1 Print Output" you need to take another Medium as "PDF file Via Mail".

But if you want to print out and Mailing at the same time you need to maintain two mediums in the condition record then it will work.

Regards,

Murali.

former_member418015
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Murali

but i am on 4.6b. i do not see any "PDF file Via Mail" as a medium.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Consult with your ABAPer.. they will do it with medium E mail itself.

Muthu