cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling parallel transport handling with and without ChaRM in one Pipeline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have configured ChaRM to several pipelines and to be able to start using ChaRM we need to enable transport handling the "old" way and with ChaRM way while old transports are entirelly transported to production. (we are aware that this is not a very good solution, but it is something we must do)

Currently when I switch ChaRM on, developers cannot create nor save transport requests in satellite development system nor release requests for imports (release task is ok).

I remember seeing a posting in this forum on the setting that needed to be altered to enable parallel transport handling but I cannot find it anymore (searched for a few days now).

We are using SolMan 4.0 and we are on SP13.

I will truly appreciate any hints anyone of you may provide me!

Thank you in advance!

Sincerelly,

Auli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Auli,

please check again the following points. I don't know exacly where's your problem...

set CTC = 1 (see IMG documentation)

Define client dependant transport routes (see IMG documentation)

switch to "import single" (see IMG documentation)

check if there are no tms errors and no errors in import queue of stms (red lines - maybe you have to set source client = target client for all open transports in import queue)

Now you should be able to create a new transport without project assignment

Put some objects in there

Release this request (SE09)

Import this request via STMS into target systems (only the import button for "import single" should be visible. If there's no button you have an error in import queue - see above)

regards

andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Andy!

I finally got this working and the solution was exactly as you said!

Thank you so much!!!

BR,

Auli

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Auli,

what do you mean with "switch ChaRM on"?

For your parallel szenario the developer needs the right to create/release transport requests in Dev-system. Don't set the attribute "project obligatory" for new transports.

Then he can create transports without project association. After releasing this transport you can import this single transport via stms into the other systems.

If you have set the project switches of your charm projects correctly he cannot create transports for your charm project (important!).

If you need to import these non-charm transports via "import all" you can create a dummy project in your dev system. In stms you can set a filter for this dummy project and use "import project".

best regards

andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANK YOU, Andy!

Now I remember! Haven't been working with the switches for a long time but now I know!! Thank you!!!

I cannot perform tests until next week, so please bear with me for a while. I'll get back with the points ASAP.

Thank you!

BR

Auli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

We were able to test this only last week and couldn't really get the result we wanted. Turned out that ChaRM setting for CTC removes the import -buttons from SE01 entirelly and we are not able to transport anything outside ChaRM.

We can switch CTC setting from 1 to 0 but if we do that, ChaRM doesn't receive correct return code and this breaks the workflow meaning that we do not get the actions necessary to proceed.

The status switches didn't do much for the import buttons (they remained hidden until we changed the CTC).

Have you managed to do this succesfully?

Thank you in advance,

Auli