cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

condition types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can i make certain fields as mandatory ,hide,optional or display in condition types

Ex:PR00 and K007

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Govind.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

ohhh. you wanted to hide FIELDS inside the condition types. i misread your requirement. must have been on vacation too long.

sorry.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

welcome dear Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello! Lakshmipathi, my friend. (thanks and apologies to Govind for my using this thread).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Wat the people are said is correct it is not required to hide those filed.

But for you i giving small information it basically depends upon the condition Category..

For PR00 Condition category filed is blank

For Bo01 i.e Rebate condition type we are using Expense & reimbursment the remaining filed automatically hiding..

This is done by standards depends upon the requirment...in the corresponding programme..

I hopeyou Understand wat guru's said..Let us wait for other guru's advise also..

Rewards Plz

regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

I know all fields in condition type are control by condition category.

I am asking is there any way to hide the fields in condition type.

please don't give generic answers.

Thanks,

Govind.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Govind

You mean V/06?? If so, no it is not possible.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

You could use user exit of field exit for this requirement.

Regards

vK

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally you should not hide and make fields as mandatory for conditiontypes, because

1. This is not given as metadata of a condition type, based on which lot of processes are controlled.

2. No field control is provided in SAP for condition types.

I strongly advise you to stay away from doing such blunder. This can affect lot of functionalities in future (system lifecycle can take lto of new functionalities over a period of time)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i didnt quite understand the business reason why it is required. However we can restrict the access to users based on the authorizations. And in the PRD system no user or anyone would have an oppurtunity to change the config. also the user cannot do any changes in the SPRO menu even inthe DEV system because only the consultants have access here perhaps barring few core users on certain transactions.

But the change you make to a condition type would would effect the entire business and this should be done taking all the business scenarios into accoutn as a whole goind forward also.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, govind a.

i'm not sure if you can or should hide PR00, but you can try sap notes 106521. we tried it but it is not perfect.

what basically happens is you make the condition types as authorization objects and only certain users can view these (e.g. VPRS). however, this requires working with BASIS and/or ABAP. and a real smart user can still see the condition type VPRS using other transactions or the document flow.

hope this helped, nevertheless.

regards.