cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Services In Business Connector supported by XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with the java services of BC and want to convert it into XI.

My question is -the webMethods defined in the java services of BC are accepted by XI or not?

eg. the code in java services of BC is

IDataCursor pipelineCursor = pipeline.getCursor();

This line will be accepted by the XI when imported or will show error?

As (IDataCursor) is BC propriety thing.

From where the meaning of the code written in java services of BC can be obtained.

eg.

String value = configProp.getProperty(configKey, defaultConfigValue);

Here what does getProperty method do?

Thanx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XI not support pipeline concept that bussines connector have. You must to convert you java service in java mapping or java module for XI. It's depend of the behaivour of your service.

Best regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Carlos.

It solved my doubt .

But now i have to create a java code from an XML which is generated by parsing the java services of BC . Is it possible to get the meaning of all the methods which are BC propriety in simple java code?

eg. String key = IDataUtil.getString( pipelineCursor, "key" );

IDataUtil.put( pipelineCursor, "value", value );

Here according what I understood from the code of java service(dont have much knowledge about BC) getString means input parmeter and put is to return.So the code can be written in simple java as :

String key;

return value;

But what about the getProperty method in following code of java services of BC:

String value = lookupProp.getProperty(key, "not found");

I hope u got my problem.

Simran.

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

Pipeline concepts is like a data flow shared between all services in a whole scenario. Services input data into de data flow and use them. A global HashMap structure in Java is like SAP BC pipeline.

You can see the SAP Business Connector API in C:sapbc47DeveloperdocapiJava.

Best Regards,

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Please correct me for the following points if the concept is wrong:

1)It means the java services in the BC cannot be imported directly into XI as they may contain BC propriety methods and classes.

2)Moreover it is not possible to import any jar file related to the webMethods used in java services of BC

eg import com.wm.....

so that after importing the java services along with the particular jar file it should not give any error in XI.

3)Is there any method to parse the code of various java services of BC into a simple java code from the XML generated.

Java services BC->parsing->xml->parsing->java code->xi

Is this possible?

With regards,

Simran.

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Right.

2) Maybe, I don't test this but I think that it should be find.

3) Your Java skills and your XI knowledge.

Have you thought in BC->XI integration? There are a BC connector to connect BC to XI.

Best regards

Iván

Edited by: Carlos Ivan Prieto Rubio on Feb 14, 2008 1:19 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to this Business Connector 4.8 and want to know more about the java services in it. Where can find the releavnt doceument regarding it so that i an understand more about the classes and methods used in it.

Please help me.

Thanks

Laku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can take practically any BC Java service across to XI/PI if you so choose to, without significantly modifying the code. However, it requires a bit of work and is not as clean as rewriting it in XI.

What we have created, for our BC2XI migration customers who wish to do a shortcut (less $$) migration of Java services is to replicate all the used java classes (mainly IData and IValues + IDOC classes) from the BC environment. Then we generate a wrapper for XI which basically converts an XML structure in the inputstream to an IData/ IValues structure and at the other end converts an IData/IValues structure back to an XMLStream which is then written into the output stream.

This way the maximum change you have to do is to change some import statements in the BC Java code (this just as we chose to re-implement the classes inside our own packages).

Cheers

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Kalle.

Even we were thinking the same logic.

XI outbound(input)--->some code->X

X----->BC java services--->Y

Y---->some code--

>XI inbound(output)

But were not able to find the xml format of the input for the BC java services.

Can u please help me by sending a sample of some xml file that is required in java services of BC.

With regards,

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my apologies, don't fully understand your question. Are you asking what is the XML structure that a BC Java service can consume?

If that is the question then the answer is: A BC Java service can not consume XML, it consumes IData / IValues objects.

So your question should probably be: How do we build IValues / IData objects from an InputStream?

Answer: Use a Dom or SAX parser and build the corresponding IValues / IData object maps out of that. This is accurately what we have done (+ implemented our own IValues / IData libraries so that we don't use any built-in BC classes in PI to avoid any licensing issues).

The key is to understand how IValues / IData are implemented and how to deal with XML in input / output streams.

We only use this solution internally with our BC2XI product (when requested by the customer) and unfortunately don't provide the libraries separately.

Good luck.

Cheers

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalle,

As you have worked on BC to XI migration can you give me an idea to solve the problem of package dependency where one flow service of BC is dependent on some object of other package of BC.

When we perform some logic for the mapping section of BC if there is dependecy its not showing the required result due to package dependency.

With regards,

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please have a look at the BC2XI Demo01 on our homepage of [http://www.sisusoftware.com] (top left corner) it is a fairly large (15MB) Flash demo, but if you look at the Content Validation step (about 35 seconds into the video) you can see the red crosses defining the missing dependencies.

Once you can identify your missing dependencies you can then upload them and resolve them from the uploaded BC project.

Hope I understood your question correctly.

Regards

kalle