cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delayed start of server node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 nodes for the AS, whenever i restart the application or just the nodes, it is taking around 45 minutes for each node to start, can anyone help me to minimize the start time.

Thanks in advance

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

There are could be many reasons for slow startup. For example, as Markus said, insufficient heap memory, SWAPing, slow database, problem with the applications.

Start with note 709140 and make sure you have the most recent JDK version and the recommended JVM parameters.

Next check dev_server0 and std_server0.out in the instance work directory (/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/work/). In dev_server0 you could see how much time your server needed to start. Look for lines like “change state from” and the timestamp on the previous line.

In std_server0.out you could see the GC logs. You could use free tool like Tagtraum’s GC Viewer (http://www.tagtraum.com/gcviewer.html). Make sure you are not using SWAP.

Furthermore you could check the logs for exceptions which might indicate problem with particular application. Start with the defaultTrace file in the log directory of the server node.

Regards,

Ventsi Tsachev

Technology Development Support (J2EE Engine)

SAP Labs, Palo Alto, Ca (USA)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if you have enough memory in your system to keep all the heaps in the physical memory (NOT including swap)

Which operating system and JDK are you using?

Markus