Did you mean: 

availability check and credit release

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

here is the situation:

1. MRP type PD

2. availability check 01

now i create a sales order for 100 units for a material. due to the inventory situation, the schedule line proposes 40 units by Feb 14 and 60 units by Feb 28. i save the order and this is blocked for credit limit (of course, confirmed quantity will be '0').

now i release the order through VKM1. when we go back to the sales order, the schedule line is 100 units by Feb 28. of course, we can also redo availability check and the schedule lines will propose the earlier 2 dates.

now, i believe that the 1 schedule line proposal after release has something to do with time period (or horizon) and credit control. but where do we customize settings so that the original schedule line proposals (40 units by Feb 14 and 60 by Feb 28) is automatically copied and/or retained?

many thanks for your valued inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jonathan,

As per my understanding System is confirming the material 28th with full quantity that means system is taking complete delivery option when u are releasing the Order..

That setting we need to do in Availability check configuration..

SPRO -> S&D -> Basic Function -> Availability check & Transfer of requirment -> Availability Check -> Define Default Setting here we will do the assignment for Complete deliver in the combination of Sales area.

Otherwise maybe they writting some programme for Complete delivery if the sales order is blocked like that..

If it is useful Plz Reward Me..

Regards

Durga Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, durga.

i think you have the solution. thanks. (let me bother you if something comes up again, hahahahahaha).

regards, friend.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

Also check Av.check and TOR under IMG -SD-BAsic Functions-Av.check and TOR- Define procedure by schedule line category.

Av. check and TOR should be checked there also check whether there is a manual schedule line block in the sales order. becasue if this is the case, then its very effective and works immediately

If the availability check is switched on at requirements class level, it can be switched off at schedule line level. However, you cannot switch on the availability check at schedule line level, if it is switched off at requirements class level. You can make this setting at schedule line level. But the system ignores it and the setting for the requirements class applies. Also, at schedule line level when the availability check is switched on, the transfer of requirements can be switched off. For example, this makes sense for inquiries or sales information.

An availability check can only be carried out if the following prerequisites have been fulfilled:

The control elements described above for the availability check must be maintained in customizing for Sales and the relevant assignments made to the sales transactions The availability check must be switched on at requirements class level and - for the availability check in the sales documents - at schedule line category level

A requirements type must exist by which the requirements class can be found. A plant must be defined. It can either be proposed from the customer or material master record or can be entered manually in the document.

A checking group must be defined in the material master record on the Sales/plant data screen in the Availability check field

Please check all these above settings to see if there are in order. Also check if there is any delivery block on that date, if one single delivery is enabled and also there is any product allocation active. I am very much interested to know your status. Wud appreciate your status.

regards

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Jonathan,

use VKM3 for releasing the sales orders blocked for credit and I believe this tcode will also confirm the quantities in schedule line on the same material avail date

regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the settings for automatic credit control in the IMG under basic functions and credit/risk management. You will find the credit horizon unde tjhe relevant combination of CCA, Rsk Category and Credit group. You can check and set as required.

Again to check for credit exposure you can go to fd 33 select your customer and check the details.

Please give points if helpful.

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, jude.

thanks for the quick feedback. but i'm afraid OVA8 does not address the question on how we can configure the system to retain the schedule line split automatically after release (unless i'm missing something).

maybe there's something else?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jon,

My earlier post w.r.t Credit chec only. Please check your customisation of your schedule line cat. based on the info I am giving below.

The various schedule line categories are controlled in different ways:

The schedule line AT in inquiries is used only for information.

No requirements are transferred and no availability check is carried out for the schedule lines

BN and CN.

Requirements are transferred and the availability of the material is checked for the schedule

lines BP and CP.

No stocks are managed for the schedule line categories BT, CT and CX. No goods issue is

posted for the categories BT and CT. However, goods issue is posted for CX.

The schedule line categories BV and CV are controlled in the same manner as the categories BN and CN. However, requirements can be passed on for analysis purposes. Goods receipt is posted for the schedule line DN in a returns document.

The schedule line categories CN, CP, CT, and CV are relevant for delivery; the other

schedule line categories are not.

If you still have a problem do let me know. I will recheck.

regds

Jude