Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password warnings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Acc. to security policy here, password expiration warning should start coming up 10 days before the password expires.

How can i implement password expiration warning messages in SAP.

I am using NW04 here.

I guess there is no parameter for that.

Please help me in this .. how can i do this??

Thanks

Tajinder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard SAP to do this.

What you could do is search for a user exit during the logon routine.

The routine looks in USR02 for BNAME=SY-UNAME (name of user logged in)

Compare the last date they changed their password (field BCDA1) with the current date (SY-DATUM) to give you number of days since password changed

If the number of days is > 10 difference between that and the mandatory expiration date (set in profile parameter) then do nothing.

If days =< 10 days then trigger a popup (various methods like function module TH_POPUP)

You will need to find an appropriate user exit but the rest of the logic is sound

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no standard SAP to do this.

What you could do is search for a user exit during the logon routine.

The routine looks in USR02 for BNAME=SY-UNAME (name of user logged in)

Compare the last date they changed their password (field BCDA1) with the current date (SY-DATUM) to give you number of days since password changed

If the number of days is > 10 difference between that and the mandatory expiration date (set in profile parameter) then do nothing.

If days =< 10 days then trigger a popup (various methods like function module TH_POPUP)

You will need to find an appropriate user exit but the rest of the logic is sound

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I'm sorry to tell you: such a feature is (up to now) not implemented.

If you consider this as important feature then you might want to submit a feature request to SAP. Chances for an approval are higher the more fellow supporters you're able to find.

Cheers, Wolfgang

0 Kudos

closing the thread