cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transit Time in Calendar Days?

0 Kudos

Hello,

For quite a long time, I thought in transportation and delivery scheduling the TRANSIT TIME is measured in Calendar Days, which means weekends and public holidays are also included. For example, if the delivery date is 2007-12-31, and transit time is 8 days, the system will calculate Loading Date as 2007-12-31 minus 8, which is 2007-12-23.

But a few days ago, I found my understanding is not correct. It seems the TRANSIT TIME is also measured in work days, in the route factory calendar (not the shipping point factory calendar). In this case, the loading date in above example will be calculated as 2007-12-19, for a typical calendar.

Can someone confirmed this?

Regards, Ke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ranjeetrajendra_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that's right Ke.

The calendar you maintain, if has a weekly off or for that matter country specific holidays these days will be considered as non working days in SAP. however if you want to change this you can define your own calendar having 365 days working.

Regards

Ranjeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is true Pick pack time and loading time are calculated based on the factory calender of shipping point and transit time, transporation lead time is calculated based on the route .

Thanks,

Pramod