cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Dialog Instances with ECC 6.0 and SQL Server 2005

former_member309601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have my ECC 6.0 SAP Server, it is Central Instance, Database instance, all in one. My users are working fine, however we will be adding some new users (15) and we want add a Dialog Instance. Can I add one Dialog instance to my landscape without any changes to my SAP Server ??? ..... My dialog instance will be in a new host.

My hardware SAP Server is: 16 GB RAM, 500 GB RAID 5 for my database, four processors.

What could be my Dialogue Instance hardware?

I have read than I must install with sapinst and select Dialogue Instance and follow instructions. Are there any others considerations?? .....

Do I must install SQL Server in the host Dialog instance ??.

Please if you have some suggestions.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to Install ECC 6.0 can provide me the documnetaion .

regards

Raheel

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

1)first install SQL server.

2) Restart system after installing SQL

3) Check whether all SQL services are running or not.

4)select sapinst.exe from Master DVD of ECC 6.0

5) select saperp2005xxxxxxxxx from installation menu

6)selct sapr/3 systems, in that select MSSQL server

7) select Central system Installation

😎 follow the screen instructions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

You can install your dialog instance without doing any change to the existing setup as you have mentioned its on a seprate new host.

Two CPU's and 8GB memory would be fine for your dialog instance.It all depends on your requirement.

Yes you need to install the dialog instance using SAPINST, its kool and sapinst would take care of all.

You need not install any SQL server in the dialog instance host only you need to have a SQL client installed but that would be taken care by SAPINST.

Hope this would clarify your query.

Thanks and Regards,

-Bijesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have ABAP 6.40/ECC5 system with CI (System No 00) and DB working well. I added dialog instance on another host to the system using SAPINST and I am able to connect to it through SAP GUI.

But now I am not able to connect to Central Instance (00). Also when I am connected through Dialog Instance, I don’t get to see other instances in SM51, and also get error: unknown error calling profile editor when executing RZ10.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With these symptoms, it means that you did something wrong when installing you Dialog Instance.

You have to check completely your DI setup.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

sorry for delay!

well, it (adding a dialog instance) worked well on Windows server, but on UNIX is gives problems. Do I need to Activate sapcpe ?

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

>worked well on Windows server, but on UNIX is gives problems

Are you saying it is a heterogenous installation? If so, start with SAP Note 1067221 Composite Note for heterogenous installation.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not just increase number of dialog work processes in existing instance instead of adding a new instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wojciech,

Number of work processes has a direct relationship with memory and with CPU. So we cannot ignore it. Gnenerally you can extend the number of workprocesses as much as you want as long you have the hardware but general consensus is on using new dialog instance. It allows better load balancing not that it can be done one server. I mean we have so many softwares to do load balancing for CPUs as well though that load balancing is not exactly the same as it is for mutiple appl. servers.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Can I add one Dialog instance to my landscape without any changes to my SAP Server ???

The only changes that you need to make is the ones related to logon balancing so that the users can use both instances.

have read than I must install with sapinst and select Dialogue Instance and follow instructions. Are there any others considerations?? .....

No... just follow the instructions on the installation guide specially the preparation steps.

Do I must install SQL Server in the host Dialog instance ??.

No.. you just need SQL client to connect to the DB instance.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can go through t-code rz11 or rz10.

1) throught rz11 u can increase the dialogs dynamically. If once server restarts, Dialogs will come back to its own state.

2) througth rz10 you can do change but after modification you must restart the server then only Dialogs will be increased.

try to increase first by using rz11 dynamically then go to rz10 there you modify permentelly. You can find Dialogs will increase by using RZ11. Once the server restarts effort will be perment.

Regards,

Sateesh