cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool overide information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our spool get deleted every after 8 days. but when the next spool request comes in, it overwites to old spool number. Information changes. How can it be solved? so for example, if a user print something, and another request comes in after 8 days, it over writes the old spool number.

Any help?

Thanks,

P.S>> Points will be rewarded!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hmm interesting. I guess I will have to request for client 000 for temp.. usage..

Thanks, i'll let u know as soon as I get it.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

One more point. It may not necessarily be a number range issue.

While creating a spool request you get the option in form a check box create New Spool Request. Ideally this option should be selected. Is this so in your case. Can you please try with this option.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ruchit Khushu,

I was able to convice the team and they found out that the range may be the problem now.

I really appreciate your help.

THanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Afi,

You are welcome.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I was thinking the same way too.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not really, I looked at my Q environment client 000, everything is same but the current number is 26799 where Q environment with client 100 showing current number is 31199. Samething with Production too I belive.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Current number keeps on changing and is same as the highest spool number. Well may be the issue that you might be facing is that spool request number is getting close to the limit of 32000. May be you can increase the number range interval and then try once more.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll let other folks know to make sure on that option.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi,

Is this solved ?Did you check it ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit Khushu,

We are not allowed in client 000. I appreciate your help. If you dont mind, can you please make me understand how to read SPO_NUM object? It is kinda urgent.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Afi,

Someone in your company would have access to client 000. He should be able provide you the information.

One addition. I checked my productive clients for SPO_NUM and found that the current number in all our productive clients is 0 and we are not facing the issue.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for your reply. The latest spool number is 28875. Is that mean from the range list that i have provided is says from 00xxx100 to 000xxx32000 that once the spool reach to 32000 it will overide?

The information that I have provided is from client 100. We our not allowed to do mostly nothing in client 000 in Production env..

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Afi,

Please obtain data for client 000. SPO_NUM number range is maintained there normally.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are those settings wrong? Do I need to make changes?

Thanks,

Appreciated your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Afi,

Settings are not wrong really. 1 question though. What is the latest spool request number right now in the system. Also is this data from client 000?

regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Display Intervals>>

No-01

From number - 0,000,000,100

To number 0000032000

Current Number - 31199

And Status is>>

No - 01

From Number -0000000100

To Number - 0000032000

Current Number - 31199

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ruchit Khushu,

Thanks for your reply. I have loocked at TCODE SNRO and object SPO_NUM.. I have

Number length domain- CHAR10

and

Warning $ is 10.0.

Also

main memory buffering

has check mark

No. of numbers in buffer100.

How much should it be?

I would appreciate your help..

Thanks,

Edited by: Afi C on Feb 13, 2008 2:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Afi,

Please go to SNRO. Then input SPO_NUM. Next select number range. next screen select Display Intervals and also Status. Paste the values given there on the forum so that we can anaylse.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies,

Ruchit & Juan, where can I check this object SPO_NUM?. How can I check and How can I change as well.

I really appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check transaction SNUM and SNRO.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Ruchit,

The only reason for the spool to repeat the number is because the number range is too small... check the spool number range and increase if necesary.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afi C,

You can change the number of spool request to be held in your spool database and when you taking the print you can specify the time till when you want to hold the spool request.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Afi,

Please check number range object SPO_NUM.

Regards.

Ruchit