cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing issue with Product hierarchy - Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue on pricing determination with product hierarchy.

I created product hierarchy as following,

level1 - A0001

level2 - A0001B0001

level3 - A0001B0001C0001

Then, assigned A0001B0001C0001 to material D in material master.

I created condition record with A0001B0001C0001(level 3), the system found the condition sucessfully when I created a sales order with material D.

However, I created condition record with A0001(level1) but the system didn't get the price when I created the sales order with material D. Since A0001B0001C0001 belongs to A0001, the system is supposed to get the price from the condition record with A0001...

Could you please let me know how to fix it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Londa,

Have you solved that problem? I have this same problem right now. Could you please tell me how did you make it?

Best regards,

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Londa,

I think you are confusing two things.

One thing is traversing through the product hirearchy and other is traversing through the access sequence tables.

But in together they will not traverse each other. I.e. The pricing condition will not traverse through the product hirearchy(lower nodes to higher nodes) to find out which node has what price.

Pricing condition will just pick up the product hirearchy value from material master and will go through its table to find wether the data point is present or not. If it finds the data point it will pick it up and extract the actual record and will put it in the sales order. Thats why it worked correctly when the price for lowest node was made.

On similar lines when the pricing was done for the highest node, and material was assigned to the lowest node, the pricing found the lowest node from material master, but it did not find this data point in its own table and gave you the error.

I think the product hirearchy will not be very useable for pricing. if you want to use the product hirearchy, then you will have to use an alternate condition base value requirement which will traverse through the hirearchy to find out wether the price for higher nodes are maintained or not.

Hope this helps.

Abhishek Purwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your kind explanation.

Here is the access sequence I defined. I wonder if there is anyway I can define PRODH1, PRODH2, PRODH3 in access sequnce the same way with customer hierarchy so that the system can check higher level data. If it's not allowed, I think I should define routine in requirement as you advised. Thanks!

*Accesses

AcNo Description

1 Customer Hierarchy/Product Hiearchy

2 Customer Hierarchy/Product Hiearchy

3 Customer Hierarchy/Product Hiearchy

4 Customer Hierarchy/Product Hiearchy

• Fields

AcNo Condition Doc. field field lable

1 HIENR HIEBO01 CustomerHierarchy 01

PRODH PRODH Product hierarchy

2. HIENR HIEBO02 CustomerHierarchy 02

3 HIENR HIEBO03 CustomerHierarchy 03

4 HIENR HIEBO04 CustomerHierarchy 04

I wonder if I can assign product hierachy fields, PRODH1, PRODH2, PRODH3 to access sequence like customer hierarchy so that the system can check higher level data to get the price...

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the access sequence for your condition type? (run V/06)

what is the key combination you take running VK* ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Key combination is Customer Hierarchy and Product Hierarchy. I created condition type & access sequence.

The condition type is the rebate condition type.

The access sequence is as follows,

*Accesses

AcNo Description

1 Customer Hierarchy/Product Hiearchy

2 Customer Hierarchy/Product Hiearchy

3 Customer Hierarchy/Product Hiearchy

4 Customer Hierarchy/Product Hiearchy

• Fields

AcNo Condition Doc. field field lable

1 HIENR HIEBO01 CustomerHierarchy 01

2. HIENR HIEBO02 CustomerHierarchy 02

3 HIENR HIEBO03 CustomerHierarchy 03

4 HIENR HIEBO04 CustomerHierarchy 04

I wonder if I can assign product hierachy fields, PRODH1, PRODH2, PRODH3 to access sequence like customer hierarchy so that the system can check higher level data to get the price...