cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB and MaxDB Maestro? Connection question..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I tried looking for this issue but could not find an answer...I'm sorry if it's a repeat question.

I just installed a trial version of SAP Netweaver (JAVA) 2007s. I wanted to use a tool to connect to the database, and so I located MaxDB Maestro. I cannot seem to connect to the SAP database, though.

I figured the server would be my local server that I'm running the database on.

....so are the other following configurations correct (by default)?:

username: control (this is what's listed as the default username in the SAPMMC

password: abcd1234 (again, default password in the SAPMMC)

Driver: There are two options (ascii and Unicode)

Database: J2E (again, this was default)

Any help our guidance would be greatly appreciated. The error message I'm getting says that my username and password are incorrect. However, if I go through the SAPMMC using the above username and password, I am able to connect to the database.

-Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I don't have any experience with the MaxDB Maestro, but I guess it'll connect using a JDBC driver.

- first, you have to specify a MaxDB JDBC driver (sapdbc.jar) which the connection has to use

- then, you'd have to alter the connect URL; i.e. jdbc:sapdb://<host>:port/<database>

Example: jdbc:sapdb://mycomputer:7210/mydatabase

- I'd suggest to use either the DBA user (normally superdba), or the owner of the main schema of your MaxDB instance

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry but this did not help me solve the problem. I think it's on the write path, though. I tried contacting their help support...but essentially they did not want to help me either. Therefore, I am simply going to move onto another product. It's unfortunate for the SQL Maestro group as my company is looking to drop a lot of money on a product if we can simply get it implemented.

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Chris,

another point I'd like to mention is that if you want to do an SQL connect, you'd have to specify an SQL user to connect with. The control user you mentioned is the DBM user, not a real SQL user. Your MaxDB instance also has a SYSDBA user, normally named 'superdba' or 'dba'. Normal SAP solutions also have at least one more user, which contains all the tables etc. from the application(s).

Try to logon with the SYSDBA user.

Regards,

Roland

Answers (0)