cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Licensing

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

How does the licnesing of XI work in real time environment? Is it based on number of users or something like that?

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar

It is priced based on the GB's of data you exchange per month. i.e i guess the minimum license fee is upto 50GB, but from there on it increases. Not sure of exact pricing tho.

cheers

Sameer

bhaskar_ghandikota
Participant
0 Kudos

How is this GB of Data measured?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data is amount of data that flows through XI.Well iam not sure about that is measured, but i know that the pricing is based on message volume.

But contact your regional SAP office for more info.

Hope this info was of help to you.

Sameer

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

OK, XI calculates the message volumes that has passed the engine.

Can/Should we execute some transaction in XI to see current message measurements? Customer might want to see beforehand if message volumes will exceed the limits ( and have to pay more ).

Should I do something before Golive ( I mean to reset any measurement statistics) ?

br: Kimmo

Former Member
0 Kudos

In transaction sxmb_moni->Processing statistics, you can actually see XML Messages stats.

You can use the processing statistics to find out the number of XML messages processed by the Integration Engine with error , archived processed etc.

Regards,

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Data Exchange between any SAP system and XI is free.

But they do charge based upon size of the data exchanged with Third-Party Systems. I am working on a project which uses XI for communicating to Third-Party systems for one of our clients. Upto certain GB it is free for this client. However after that the charges are really very high. You may have to really consider the Licensing fees before going for XI.

Regards,

Rajesh Mandalapu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you all talking about orginal price or maintainance for XI licensing?

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Whit,

Not basic charge nor maintenance - if you mean those charges that customers normally pay with ordinary SAP products.

The pricing model in XI is as such that customer must pay according to message volumes. Basically customer get the system as "free" but need to pay according to message volumes. For each processed message few "cents" flow to SAP. There are other pricing models too and is always issue of local SAP office. But many choose this message volume based pricing. It is also true, that messaging between SAP applications and XI is free, but usually there exists the third-party system or ftp-server and messaging between those is chargeable.

Dear Satish,

The sxmb_moni->processing statictics only reports the number of messages, not their volume summary - which is the basis for pricing.

OSS note 871473 says a report SXMS_XI_AUDIT_DISPLAY exists in SP 14, but we don't have that SP. Would somebody who has SP14 tell us what this report is?

BR: Kimmo

Answers (0)