Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special characters - Scandinavian signs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Here is our scenario.

ECC (idoc) --> XI --> Abap Proxy to execute a Web Service from Interface mapping.

Abap proxy is generated based on external web service; all the connections are setup and working good.

When we reviewed the Payload in XI, we see the special characters, but when we run the abap proxy to send they data out, the output file content is replaced with #.

Any help to fix this problem is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> ECC (idoc) --> XI --> Abap Proxy to execute a Web Service from Interface mapping.

>

First of all I did'nt understand your scenario. Since you are sending an IDOC from ECC system to XI, so why again you are sending it to R/3 system (inbound proxy)?

Please correct me, if I understood it wrong.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abap proxy is created on a web service running out side SAP landscape.

abap proxy is generated in XI to communicate with external system, not ECC.

We are running this program using interface mapping (abap class).

All above setup is working, no issues there..

After message reaching to XI (from ECC as IDOC), we see the special characters in XI payload. So, I think we are good on the sender side. When we send the data out to the receive, that is where the special characters are replaced with ##.

Any thoughts??

thanks..HP

Edited by: Hari Potti on Feb 12, 2008 7:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to make it simple, we are writting the file to a local file system in XI. Now the scenario is

IDOC --> XI --> File

We see the payload after transformatio step having special characters, but not in the output file.

Let me know what else we need to check.

thanks..Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you changee the encoding in xsd of idoc as ISO-8859 -1

So it seems that, there is a problem at receiver side. May be you can check what kind of coding is being used at receiver side and then we can apply the same encoding at receiver adapter.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Feb 13, 2008 2:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is already taken care, we did that modification on IDOC xsl...

Any other places to verify??

thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you should check the XI system, if it is unicode enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running XI on Windows 2003 server which is unicode.

Any specific places to look?

As I mentioned before, I can see Payload with special characters as needed but not in the output file (written to same XI server using UNC path).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer these threads.

See the comments by Stefan Grube

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for seeking more help. I went through the threads you forwarded, need help in two areas.

I don't see any place to specify the code page (encoding) in my receiver communication channel. I see that in sender channel, but not in the receiver. Please advise.

And how do I change code page in my IE to view data correctly? I tried to google it, but not much help.

thanks..HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I opened the file with the correct code page only in my IE, still the characters are missing. I don't think it is IE problem.

Still need to know the encoding option in receiver adapter..

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I don't see any place to specify the code page (encoding) in my receiver communication channel. I see that in sender channel, but not in the receiver. Please advise.

Currently, what adapter you are using in your receiver CC? May be you have to define the encoding in the Module tab of receiver CC, but for that you may have to search the Module conversions.

> And how do I change code page in my IE to view data correctly? I tried to google it, but not much help.

Just right click on IE -

> Encoding and chose the different encodings.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using File Adapter communication channel on the receiver side,

I don't see any option to specify encoding in the parameters tab...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess it is there named as "File Encoding" see carefully.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The file is correct, but when you look at it with notepad, then it is displayed wrong.

Open the file with word and set the encoding to UTF-8

The other thing is: When you call a proxy and the encoding is wrong at receiver, then check the unicode settings in the connection to the receiver. It should be non-unicode.

Regards

Stefan

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I wonder your ECC system is unicode or not?

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

change the file type to Text in communication channel and you will find the field File Encoding