cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM -negative stock -URGENT!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have got a peculiar probelem which needs to be solved rather urgently. We recently assigned a SLoc to an existing Warehouse. But we have already some stock existing in the SLoc. Now my question is about some movements that had taken place before and after the assignment.

1. For one material, Goods Receipt taken place before the date but cancelled after the change over. So the stock is appearing as negative stock in storage type 902 (goods inward area)

2. For another material, we tried to transfer the stock with movement 311 to different SLoc which is not assigned to warehouse and done a reversal back to this original SLoc. Again the stock went into negative in storage type 921 (Stock transfers)

Pls tell me how to zero out those negative stocks which are showing in Bin stock which is effecting our stock figures.

Now we have removed the assignment to the warehouse for this SLoc because there are other material stock still which we feared might be effected. What we thought is, first we remove the link and then zero out the stock for this location by doing 311 to another Sloc and then put the link back before we do the transfer back again. Then we can create transfer orders in LT01 for each material so that they go into Bin stock and any movements that take place after will be W/h managed - is that correct?

Many Thanks in advance,

Madan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first mistake is to delink the Warehouse from the Storage Location, it leads to lot of inconsistencies as per SAP.

Second, whenever you do stock transfers with 311, usually stock will go to some interim storage types such as 920, 922 etc.

Unless, the Transfer Order are not confirmed, stock will be shown as negative quants.

After stock transfers, if you use LU04 transaction, automatically, system will find all the related material documents from which u need to create the TOs and then need to be confirmed.

Thats it....after that if you check the Stocks in MMBE and in LX02, the stock will be perfect, there won't be any negative stocks in iinterim storage types.

Let me know if u have any stocks.

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Many thanks for your quick reply. Your statement "it leads to lot of inconsistencies as per SAP" makes me worry because we already removed the link. The reasons as I mentioned earlier is that we don't want other stocks to get effected because our first assignment was wrong with stocks already existing in that SLoc. - Now how to go about it?

We actually thinking of linking an empty SLoc now to the warehouse and then transfer the stocks to there. That way, we are hoping all of them will be w/h managed. - Pls give me your opinion.

I've checked in LU04 but I couldn't find any documents relating to the two materials which went into negatives.But I can see them in LX02 with 902 and 921 St.types. Any way to bring them to zero? That's our main concern now. If we could able to bring them somehow to zero, our problem is solved (but remember the link to the Whs is removed now) Is there any way to do a stock adjustments- Pls advice me

Many thanks once again for your time,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we worked out a solution for this. Before I go forward, I would like to have your opinion. Presently we removed the link for SLoc1 --> Whse

Case 1: For one material which we did a GR before the link and cancelled after the link. So this is showing as -100qty in st.type 902.

What we propose doing is:

1) First we should put the Whs link back to Sloc1 and make a GR-101 for 100 qty.

2) After doing a TO, the negative qty in 902 storage type gets nullified.

3) After that we remove the link and cancel the GR.

Case 2: For another material which we tried to trasfer with 311 (while the link is there but couldn't create the TO because we got some error saying that ' Storage type 921 does not allow negative stock figures' ). So this is still showing as -50 in St.type 921.

What we propose doing is:

1) First we should put the Whs link back to Sloc1 and do 311 from SLoc2(not whse managed) to Sloc1(whse manged) for 50 qty

2) After doing a TO, the negative qty in 921 storage type gets nullified.

3) After that we remove the link and move back the stock from SLoc1 to SLoc2.

Could you tell me if this solution is okay? I would still award points to you once we complete this tomorrow.

Regards,

Madan

Edited by: Madan Mohan on Feb 13, 2008 5:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have already delink the warehouse from the storage location.

It is better to link the warehouse to a new storage location instead of linking to the existing s.loc.

And then move the stock to the new storage location.

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aktar,

I think that's what we are going to do and we identified an empty SLoc for this. But before we do that, we want to eliminate the negative quants which are still existing in the old Sloc even though we delinked it. That's the reason we proposed that solution for which I want your opinion. Pls go thro' it and see if there are any likely issues later on.

Thanks

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue has been solved and many thanks for your support.

Regards,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Would be curious to know the solution you have implemented to resolve this issue. We also have similar scenario.

Would appreciate your response for the same.

Thanks & Regards

Falgun

Answers (0)