cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger BIC Help!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have followed all the steps for deploying Seeburger BIC module. I am currently trying to use File adapter and configure BIC module in the file adapter. I am successfully able to post IDOCS from R/3 but cannot see any errors or messages at the. If I post IDOCS without configuring BIC everything works fine (in terms of message transfer not EDI mapping).

Does anyone have an idea on why this is happening? how to debug BIC? Where I can find logs ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when you are using BIC module processor in File adapter you are passing the mapping program name..did you deployed that mapping program in your server....

this mapping program name should be in naming convention format....

after sending the IDOC into your XI - after the Technical routing take the EDI-XML data using your BIC mapping designer tool try to convert the XML to your EDI format..this you will do manually..so that what ever you are converting XML is valid for EDI..you can find here.

Check what ever you have passed the parameters in BIC module tab those are correct or not.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u followed the below steps please check:

1) Deployed the mapping program on XI which will d the conversion of EDI to XML and XML to EDi.

Example of mapping:

See_E2X_INVOIC_UN_D96A

See_E2X_INVOIC_UN_D99A

See_E2X_ORDERS_UN_D96A

See_E2X_OSTRPT_EAN_D96A.

2) Have u done the configuration in adapter.

localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean bic

CallSapAdapter 0

Module configuration:

bic= destSourceMsg = MainDocument

bic= destTargetMsg = MainDocument

bic= mappingName= See_E2X_EDIFACT_ORDERS_UN_D93A

Thnx

Chirag

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can folow the following steps inorder to send the IDOC into EDI

1) Find out the Correct Mapping Name in BIC mapping Designer. In order to get the Standard Mappings into your BIC tool you need to import the “prj_GeneratorMappings.zip.bicmd” which is found under the path

“\user\bicmd\Exchange” after installing the BIC map designer. This will import the Standard

Mappings that are available with the Map designer by creating a new “GeneratorMappings”

project tab.

2) And also we need to import another file “prj_SeeburgerFormatMapping_1.7.zip.bicmd” which

comes with the Seeburger EDI adapter package. Once we import this we will have all the

standard Structure for the EDI messages and standard mappings to convert the EDI Message

structure to XML and vice versa.

3)Now we need to copy all the standard mappings which ever is required from the

SeeburgerFormatMapping_1.7 project to ActiveMappings project Tab, to generate the SDA

file which needs to be deployed in XI server through SDM.

Note: This SDA file generated will always have the lastest mapping that needs to be deployed in

the server or in other words, once we generate an SDA file with selected mappings and if we

need to include few more mappings in the later stage then we have to append all those mappings

in the Active mappings directory and regenerate the SDA file.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using standard mapping. So I have deployed mapping_sys.sda and mapping_user.sda. Do I still need to use BIC mapper for generating SDA files? I was under the assumption that if we are using standard mappings there is no need to generate SDA from BIC mapper.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u done the steps which I have suggested u.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , you need to use the BIC Mapping Designer to do the following

1) In order to find out the Standard Mappings for ur requirement

2) And to make .SDA files for those selected MAppings

Then finally Deploy the SDA file on XI Server to call those mapping names in Module TAB of the Communication channel.so that the mapping will convert the EDI to XML and vice versa

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have all the standard mapping which you require to convert the EDI to XML and Vice versa in that .sda. If so before deploying it XI server did you check the file size. because the .sda which comes with the seeburger package does not the standard mappings configured in it, instead it is a template for the mapping_user.sda. So you need to create the .sda file under the active mappings project in BIC mapper and then generate the mapping_user.sda file will all the standard mappings for converting the EDI to XML and Vice versa.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Seeburger,I have received the existing mappings_user.sda deployed on our server.

Hence can anyone please guide me in configuring a project out of this SDA in BIC Mapping designer ,the steps to create mappings which are not supplied by seeburger ,appending these on the original project and creating an SDA out of it.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Best Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you deploy the .sda file generated from the BIC map designeer in XI, which has all the standard mappings of converting the edi to xml or xml to edi. If not check that.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam