cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue copying large file on FTP folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I have a File-to-IDoc Xi scenario. I have an issue regarding file copy into an FTP folder.

The file is large then it takes a lot of time to copy it into the source FTP folder. While the file is yet copying, XI begins to consume the file thus XI processes a message with a not completed payload. I've tryied to solve the problem increasing the polling time to 60 seconds, and I have activated the advanced parameter "Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check" and setted it to 5000 msecs. But it is not enough!!!

For example, if I upload the file into the FTP folder at the second 59th and the file uploading time is, about, of 20 seconds, however XI starts to consume the file with an incomplete payload and I've not solved my problem!!! What can I do? How can XI manage this issue?

Thanks a lot to all!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found this solution from the other post.

"The solution is simple for this.

In the sender file adapter there is an option in the advanced mode called WAIT FOR SEC, this will check wether the file size is constant or changing before picking up the file.

In your case since the polling sec is less like 5 sec, so the file adapter will pick up the file from the source folder in 5 sec, irrespective wether the file is completely written or not, so in case file is still written by other program then it is a problem, for this the sender file adapter gives you option to wait and check wether the external program is still writing to the file or not, this you can specify in the Adavanced mode, wait for sec when you give value as 10 sec then the file adapter will go to the source folder every 5 sec as the polling frequency is that, then it will wait for 10 sec to check the file size is changing or not if it is changing, means if the external program is still writing the data it will wait for another 10 sec..this will continue till the file size remains constant....."

-

Don't forget to give points.