Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sendindg fax to RightFax

former_member480606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm working on SAP ECC6 an I have to send a lot of SAP documents (in particular "Dunning notices" that are converted in spools) to RightFax 8.5.

I configured from SPAD transaction a new output dispositive XXXX in which we set our RIGHTFAX, but when we print our spool to this dispositive XXXX,

it doesn't work. We are near to the solution because from Faxutil of Rightfax I see a yellow traffic light (for the status) in which there is written

"Information Incomplete".

In oder to send fax I'm trying an alternative way: Configuring SAPCONNECT (we configuered it only in order to send mails) in a new node to send a FAX. I stopped myself in SM59 in which I tried to configure the RFC destination for the fax. Which external program do I have to set? do I have to fill also the Gateway fields?

Do you have any hint?

Thank you

Gino Bonfiglioli

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gino,

I stopped myself in SM59 in which I tried to configure the RFC destination for the fax. Which external program do I have to set? do I have to fill also the Gateway fields?

You are on correct path. In order to configure FAX node you need to create RFC connection which point to you FAX server's Program ID (which you need to define in FAX server). You need to configure the FAX server with hostname, port and program id (this depends on FAX software).

Yes! you also need to fill up gateway information which is nothing but your server name and gateway service (eg sapgw<sys number>.

Explore the FAX software to check where you can specify such information.

Hope this will help.

-Pinkle

0 Kudos

Hi Pinkle,

thank you for you answer. Do you know RightFax? If not do you know someone else SAP administrator who knows how configure this Faxsofware?

Also reading the rightFax documentation I dont'k know how to configure the external program that has to be set in SM59.

Thank you

Gino Bonfiglioli

0 Kudos

I've the same problem configuring the RFC.

Regards,

Alfredo.