Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap -> XI -> File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need your help on this.

XI will receive a synch soap request with the following input parameters: date and supplierNo. With that input parameters XI has to find and retrieve (from a File Server) all the documents of that supplierNo for that specific date.

Do you know how to develop such scenario?

Thanks in advance

Pedro Leal

Edited by: Pedro Leal on Feb 13, 2008 6:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will open a new thread to value mapping issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro !!

Based on your scenario description, maybe the best solution is to create a SOAP<->XI<->Proxy scenario where the Proxy could be ABAP or Java. I suggest a Proxy, because the receiver file adapter only writes files and the sender only picks files up based on a time interval and not on demand.

For example, the Java Proxy server could receive the request from XI, search the files and send them back as response. You need to check file sizes and if files content is XML or binary and maybe other details to see if this scenario only will we enough, or if you may need a BPM or more than one scenario, one for "prepare the files" and one that takes the "prepared" files and thru XI sends them back to the target as a response in a synch or async manner.

Regards,

Matias.

ps: please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Java Proxy is the solution for my problem.

Can you please tell me where can i find documentation about java proxies?

Thanks

Former Member
justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pedro,

This one would be a good starter for your scenario -/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already setup java proxy scenario.

But when I receive the response from Java Proxy the message does not start with tag <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>.

Do you know why is this happening?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro !

Check if you did all the steps of the How To Work with Java Proxies. We followed that guide and everything worked ok.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias!

It seems this is a known issue when you use Java Proxies.

Check this threads:

However if anyone has any information about this issue, please let me know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro !

I see..and how is this affecting you the processing of your scenario? what type of errors do you receive?

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far, this issue is not affecting my scenario.

Now I've 2 more questions related with java proxy:

- How i can i get message id in order to use AuditLog in Java Server Proxy?

- How can i define and pass into Java Server Proxy config parameters?

Anyone has any information related with those issues?

Thanks,

Pedro Leal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro !

1)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/c809c2fde0af4098e1ae126d06866c/content.htm

2)

for example, you can define value mapping groups in ID and retrieve those values thru mapping (standard function ValueMapping) or use property files, that are ascii files stored in the XI file system and can be retrieved by java code to get parameter values.

Regards,

Matias.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can i access value mapping (defined in ID) from java server proxy?

How can i do that?

Thanks,

Pedro Leal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

File adapter is used with asynchronous communication. At max its possible to have the acknowledgment of file processed as synchronous communication.

Its not at all possible to filter the data based on given supplier no from SOAP (Web Service).

Either way you could achive this by useing SOAP to JDBC or RFC OR PROXY communications.

With BPM may be you could do one thing as to use two Send steps one for SOAP and File. Create one dummy receiver for SOAP adapter.

Get all the data from Send step of file adapter and filter it with Correlation Editor and transformation steps to send back the same response to dummy receiver and SOAP Response.

I am not sure either this logic could be practically possible but this could give you hitch to try somthing to achive requirments.

Thnaks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one has any ideas about this subject?

It's not well explained?

Thanks

Edited by: Pedro Leal on Feb 13, 2008 6:36 PM