cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How calculate size when I add keyfigures in planning area and cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Part of the enhancement requires change in APO planning area and Cube. We will have to add two additional keyfigures in both planning area and in Cube. In the planning area, the keyfigure will be initialized for the whole time horizon (same like existing ones).

Does someone know how I can calculate the size of this change?

How calculate the size of a planning area?

What is the consequence when a keyfigure is added in a cube? (Size)

Thanks for your help.

Cedric ASTRIE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all what do you mean by size - liveCache memory size? If that is the case then carry out a sizing exercise using the QuickSizer tool in service.sap.com/sizing. You will need a S-user id for this.

Adding a couple of keyfigures in a Planning Area and Infocubes should not make a huge difference in terms of performance assuming you already had a sizable number of keyfigures (say 25+). Most sizing exercise keeps a buffer of 10-15% for these kind of future needs.

Somnath

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One should be able to calculate a relative size increase (if not absolute). Basically there is a fixed component and a variable component. The fixed component is determined by number of CVC combinations. The variable component by the number of key figures. (Assuming CVCs are by and large static, and also time horizon is static as well)

If you want to get more scientific than this, then I am afraid the calculations could turn out ugly. You would need to check each of the characteristic and see the number of characters it can have. Each character represents a storage space unit. Similarly based on the key figure storage parameters (floating/quanitity etc), each lowest level time bucket would represent a certain storage unit. Data gets stored at lowest level and hence you would need to multiply the two numbers mentioned above. If there are aggregates stored in POS, you would need to account them in a similar manner.

Hope this gives you a sense of the calculation. Also check out OSS notes to find any SAP delivered formula.