cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to certify development on costumer site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My company has developed some ABAP Add-on and we would like to certify it. Currently the code is on the costumer site but we are the owners of the source code, based on the agreement between the customer and us.

We have registered a namespace using a developer license that was purchased by the customer for us.

How do we proceed in order to certify this ABAP Add-on?

Thanks,

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

MaiAnh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

SAP NetWeaver Development subscription doesn't include the ECC components and it could not be used for ABAP add-on certification program.

Regards,

MaiAnh

MaiAnh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

When your company obtains SAP software license for development purposes, SAP also restricts that the software must reside at your location and you cannot have anyone else access the software.

I hope that it clarifies the matter.

Regards,

MaiAnh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MaiAnh,

I am in a similar situation as Roy. How do I go about getting a SAP landscape? I can see that a SAP NetWeaver Development Subscription is available to purchase. Does this include all of the ECC components? or is just the Core NW cross application components?

Cheers

Jon

MaiAnh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Yes, you need to have your own completed SAP installation that your add-on is developed. Once your add-on is certified, SAP expects that you maintain and on-going support your customers using your landscape.

Regards,

MaiAnh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MaiAnh,

First, let me thank you for your patience and willingness to answer my questions.

Since this is a main issue for us (maintaining a SAP system landscape) I still need to clear some points:

Why can't we use an already existing system that we have our own access to it using our own license?

We have an unlimited access to this system (with no time limitation) so we can maintain and give an ongoing support to all of our costumers as long as needed.

The only thing we want to avoid is the maintenance of SAP landscape since it requires many resources and system administration activities that are not directly related to our add-on.

Thanks a lot for your assistance,

Roy

MaiAnh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

The development license must be obtained and registered under your company name in order to proceed for an ABAP add-on certification.

You also need to have your own system landscape for the certification process.

Regards,

MaiAnh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot MaiAnh for your replay,

By saying that I need my system landscape you mean that we need to have a complete installation of SAP environment?

Can't we just use our own development license (obtained and registered under my company name) on an existing system?

Thanks again,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope you have a copy of the source code, ensure you do!

Ash Thomas

http://www.ashthomas.com

Sap Abap Developer & Sap Abap Programmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Yes, we have all necessary backups.

The question is if we can proceed in the certification process with the development license that we have been using until now.

Thanks and regards,

Roy