cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection to r3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we want to connect the web dynpro applicaiton to another r3 system using the existing jco and systems.... jus by changing the connection between system and r3... to another another r3....

can anybody please give me solution for the same.. if step by step procedure would better....???/

its urgent...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per the solution from yusuf.... then we are required to do it for all JCo..... it is very much of job to be done... is there any way to one things to make changes in all JCO's???????

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks everyone.. i am closing the thread...

and points are on your way!!!

thank you

regard,

aditya deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have made changes in system, before making changes in JCo...i checked it by runnig it...it gives error that message server could not be reached.. err no 10061..."partner not reached"...

system connection tests have failed due to ping service was not activated.....

is it an expected error since i dint make changes in JCo.. or is that my parameter for message server are wrong????

can i check whether the changes made in system properties are proper before going to changes to be made in JCo.....????

Edited by: Aditya Deshpande on Feb 16, 2008 5:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks everyone for the reply.

there is a issue that the new server is replica of existing one.... i thought about the following steps:

1, create system which have details about port and host of webserver and ITS and all

2, Jcos are required for WD applications and for connecting we need System only

3, and SSO

please let me am i going right way.. or any changes are required???

regards,

aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i was just facing your probelem a few dayz ago..and i first created a technical system for abap int he sld.....mentioning my message server port....and then created a JCO for the in the content administrator of webdynpro using the message server from this newly created system. My problem was solved.

I guess you dont need to get SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make use of the same JCOs and edit the connection properties so that You don't need to change the total application after creating a technical system.

SSO has to be made if the front end user and the back end user is the same.If for some users SSO has to be performed then you have to do SSO also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two ways to do the above thing.

1st Create the new destinations as yusuf as suggested

else

Create only one jco.Use this jco in all your application.

You can the JCO in Webdynpro projects

by going to-> Project->properties->Webdynpro refrences-> Jco references tab edit the one which you want.

For Modeldata:

1. Open the model.

2. Open the Z_.........._Input Class

3. Go to properties tab

4. Change the modeldata J Co in Model Settings -> modelInstance_defaultLogicalSystem

5. Save

For Metadata:

1. Go to Dictionaries

2. Click on the RFC Model Dictionary

3. In the properties tab, change metadata name in the Logical System Name property.

4. Save, build and deploy.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to create a webas-abap technical system 1st in the SLD.Then go to webdynpro administration and click maintain JCOs and select the JCOs and edit them and save them with new WEBAS-ABAP technical system.

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Goto Web Dynpro Content Advisor page

2. Select your JCo connection from Deployed content.

3. check your connection status from details table.

You can test the connection or do a ping.

5. To configure it for new R/3 ( If it is changed, it will reflect for in project) remove the current one. and click on create.

6. specify client number, j2ee server, Connection type (for meta data it is dictionary, for the other application data), message server, logon group(if any) and the log-on data for the R/3.

Now test the connection using test/ping in the table.

You can try running report in the other R/3 RSRZLLG0_ACTUAL if the test fails without checking FRCE_SAVE.

regards,

nikhil