cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quality of printout is really bad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I use the system command "print screen", to print my visual composer cockpit (only tables and forms, no charts).

Unfortunately, the quality of some printout is really really bad. It seems that VC does some scaling, in order to fit the form to the paper size. But then, the texts are distorted and hardly decipherable.

As I use BAPIs and special form layouts, I cannot use the printing capabilites of reports, as described in the famous "How To... Export Data from Visual Composer".

When I use the flash print function (right click, print...) or the browser print function (menu: file, print...) my VC application is not scaled at all and only the top left corner of my cockpit fits on the paper. The rest is ommitted...Nothing helps, I'm frustrated!

Who can help me? Any Ideas on how to print a cockpit legibly?

Thank you very much in advance,

Benni

PS: Points will be awarded, of course!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benni,

do you hv multiple iViews on a page or all the forms/tables etc are on the same iView? if you're using multiple iViews, you can enable print on each iView and get users to minimize the other iViews on the page that are not being printed, that way you might get a decent-sized iView. also try to hv the navigation panel in a collapsed state by default, so that there is sufficient space on screen.

in addition, try to scale your iViews during design time such that when deployed they fit within the screen so that users dont hv trouble scrolling/adjusting etc..i know printing is not something done easily with VC, but hope this helps..

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

thanks a lot for your reply! I use only a single iView. This iView fits to the screen. Thus, I have no scroll bars. However, it does not fit to the paper. Thus, the quality is bad.

The navigation is not printed at all, so I don't have to minimize it.

Do you think with IE 7.0 the problem might be solved?

Any more/ other ideas?

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Benni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same problem. The print screen tries to fit the entire flash into 1 page so the scaling makes the printout totally unreadable and useless.

I work with IE7 but the problem is the same. If you print with VC action you have the same result. If you also choose to print with IE7's print button it will still recognize it as 1 page and the only options will be to "Fit to page" (which will end to same unreadable scaling) or choose zoom eg 80% (which will print in 1 page whatever it fits to this zoom and also vertical-horizontal slidebars)

Anyone can help us?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I discovered that the printing quality depends on the heigh-width-ratio. I.e. try to change the height of your form successively and retry printing. VC or Flash seem to have a problem with scaling certain form-ratios.

Hope this helps!?

Best Regards,

Benni

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks,

it helped a little bit. I also found out that if your entire application is inside a layer (eg Tabs) with animation effect (eg wipe horizontal) it messes up the printout