SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IS Oil Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi great ones,

I have BSc(hons) in IT and I have 2 year experience as a technical support analyst.

But I am fed with this type of job and I want to change into SAP field.

I have been seraching for information about which area I should go to and I come across SAP IS Oil Application.

Can you please give me more information about this and can somebody like me from technical spport field do this type of course, what is the job prospect.

Any suggestions and advice will be highly appreciated.

thanx,

Bankole

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,.. i would suggest instead of looking into SAP IS Oil which is a specific industry product, you can try to learn basic modules like SAP SD, MM,PP and FI/CO depending upon your background. These core modules will have requirements all the times and would be used in any implementations.

If you are still interested then after 1 or 2 years of experience in one of the core module, you can go for SAP IS Oil.

Hope this helps

Jagadish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,.. i would suggest instead of looking into SAP IS Oil which is a specific industry product, you can try to learn basic modules like SAP SD, MM,PP and FI/CO depending upon your background. These core modules will have requirements all the times and would be used in any implementations.

If you are still interested then after 1 or 2 years of experience in one of the core module, you can go for SAP IS Oil.

Hope this helps

Jagadish

0 Kudos

Hi experts..

I'm working in a refinery with 2+ years exp. I guess I can go for IS oil & gas. This would be because I have a background in it.

Basically I'm into operations of refinery production after my BE-chemical.

My company uses IS oil along with all other major modules and I've been put into entries of Oil stocks.

What path you recommend so as to become a professional consultant.....

Thanks..