cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nds & IE7

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are running NDS 7.0.11 here, usually on XP machines. When a XP machine gets an IE 7 upgrade, we run intro troubles with the NDS. If we open a view, it shows the view. If we edit something on that view, we get the message " Dit programma kan de webpagina niet weergeven". In english this means something like "The program cannot show this webpages". And then it tells me to check my internet connection, press the back button and so on. Reinstalling NDS doesn't seem to help.

With XP this is usually solved by downgrading IE 7 to IE 6. Our newest employees however have laptops with Vista installed. Vista comes with IE 7 standard and there is no downgrade possible. They also have the same problem.

I've tried to search the forums and sap notes, but I wasn't able to find a solution (or even a mention of the problem). We have this problem on different computers.

Any help would be very appreciated

Greetings, Walter.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Adi_Bathineni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Walter,

May be my reply is not the Answer to your Question and you may be experienced this problem.

In IE7 when we right click on something in the portal, it will show the IE Properties not the EP Properties.

To resolve this we need update the Service Pack of EP.It requires NWDS 12 i think.

Hopefully try to install Higher Level Service Pack. it will resolve your problem.

Regards,

Adi.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

upgrading the nds to 7.0.14 solved this problem. I searched for upgrades earlyer on but couldn't find any. Seems I was looking in the wrong place.

thanks for all you help!

raghuvirab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Microsoft has released another patch KB944533 which resolves the issue in View Designer.

Best Regards,

Raghuvira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuvira,

I read whole thread, i tried with making IE to work-offline and then my View Designer is working fine.

You specified Microsoft has released another patch KB944533 , how to update this patch to my current Explorer in my machine.

Please provide some Guide Lines...

Thanks In Advance

Purna

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've this problem too, what i've done was put the IE to work Offline. But when i want to run the application i need to put to online newly.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

See SAP note 1140402.

Armin

0 Kudos

>

> See SAP note 1140402.

Hello Armin,

thanks for your reply. If I enter that note number in note search, it tells me there's no node with that number. Could you please check of the number was correct?

Thanks, Walter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I ran into the same problem, and I think the same way you do about removing security patches... the only solution I have found is to close the view and open it again.. I try to do al changes in a view with the Outline window and modifiying the properties in order to make all the changes at once and then close the view and re open to see the changes I just made (if the changes were visual).. I rather do this everytime I modify a view and keep my security patches up-to-date in IE7.. I actually made the same post as you like a week ago and I let the post open until a stadard solution comes out.

Hope it helps, cheers..

JV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, note number is correct but not available yet in SDN search.

Armin

0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks a lot for your help!

this indeed seems to work. But, this security update has probably been released for a reason. In any case, my computer tries to reinstall this update right away, so this doesn't seem a workable solution in the long run.

Do you have any idea if there's a workaround so we can work with IE 7 while having all updates installed?

Again, thanks for your help so far. At least our new employees can work for the time being.

Greetings, Walter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge SAP officially doesnt support IE7.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is we have to uninstall the security patch KB942615 . It helps

Regards

Ayyapparaj