cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranfer of a PDF file from Backend to Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! everybody

I do have a group of people that go to work on the field. They have a work plan to do. This work plan is a pdf file.

Somebody has any idea how to pass a pdf (or an image) file from the backend to the client (Device Mobile) when I do the sync process with the rest of the information (orders, notification, equipment, ....) ??

I know that the logest data set to transfer through SyncBO is 255 Characters maximum. I have to trasnfer around 10 pages.

How can I split the PDF file by 255 characters and pack them as items in a syncBO?? The idea is to have the complete pdf file on the client again.

We are working with MAM25 SR5 SP19.

Thank you for your help.

Have a nice day!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xiamora,

I have done that for a client -the ony problem is performance on the client. But the solution:

Split the PDF into chunks of 255chars. These are stored as item of a SyncBO. This SyncBO gets down to the client and is restored there as a single file. Then the syncBO is deleted form the client - based on another BO that holds a flag if it was stored already and read or not.

Feel free to contat me for more detils - but yes, this is not an issue - it is just the performance that is problematic.

Any possibility o send it as Text file - cause PDF is a large overhead!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Oliver

Thank you for the tips you gave me.

I figured out that we already have the workPlan in PDF file on a windows Server. So that we just have to copy and paste them to a PDA through Active Sync.

The only thing I am looking for is the editor because the WordPAD that comes with the windows CE 4.2 on the PDA does not work very well for me because of the graphics part.

Thank you very much for your help